Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

my confirmation email went into the junk folder. should put a prominent banner on the old site to check your junk, took me a while to figure it out, might not occur to others.

I thought we were getting rid of the pr0n … oh you meant junk MAIL, got ya! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is it possible for the topics I haven’t read to be highlighted like in the former website? If so, how? @bacco007

Well for one thing this topic does not appear in About Media Spy - Media Spy

I’ll look into it @nationalnews

Yes it does @MLVD

@bacco007 Not for me:

Still not a fan but getting used to it. Any way to stop the Auto Watch of new topics?

Can admin clarify the General News Events topic. It seems that the original purpose of this topic was to discuss the media coverage of general news events - hence its placement. It wasn’t a news feed that reported news stories but recently there seems to have been a blurring. A similar thing started to happen with the various political threads that were in the news section and supposed to be for discussion of media coverage of politics not politics itself.

Can we have the limit on the time length to edit post removed?

Anything in the News section is for media coverage of news events. Threads to discuss the events themselves should be in the Extra section.

1 Like

How do we view new posts exactly? I have been using Unread and New, but I just used the index and discovered there were posts that hadn’t show up, so am I doing something wrong?

For anyone looking for how to post a spoiler this is one way (click on the text to read)

Santa is not real

This was achieved with:

[spoiler]Insert spoiler text here.....[/spoiler]
1 Like

Nifty!

1 Like

Also, people seem to have flung themselves into creating new topics with like 6 words worth of content. Can the admins kill these and replace them with a nicely formatted intro that links to the archived thread in the old forums?

I’ve been clicking “latest” to get all the most recent posts (seems to be like the old “view new content” button on the old forum).

1 Like

There isn’t much to really say apart from “Continue discussions from the old thread”. I think it’s fine to leave them as is for now as long as it has the link to the old thread up the top so that the first post, we can click back to the last page of that particular thread on the old forum. Guess the descriptions can be neatened up overtime. Just for now everything looks empty since this new forum is only hours old and still got a heap of members yet to move over to the new forum.

Are people uploading images and content to mediaspy? Should this not be locked down to prevent the server being chock full of crap? I’m hosting my own images which I thought I read in the rules.

Was the implementation of a ‘like’ feature intentional or accidental? Nonetheless, I don’t mind it.

are you referring to this? If so, I thought that would only be copyrighted materials - images from Foxtel etc that I post aren’t necessarily copyrighted, they are sent through from publicity or posted on their publicity site for usage.

Post Only Your Own Stuff

You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.

@MarkHD I thought I read somewhere in the rules about hosting your own stuff as well such as PhotoBucket, Flickr, YouTube etc.