Insiders

Looks like they’re using that ugly rug and coffee table still!

1 Like

The set was better in the old days though!

1 Like

Agree, the living room type set up does look better than just plonking them in an empty studio in front of a screen.

Hopefully with Speers taking the reins next year and some set improvements happening at the ABC, we may see a refreshed set - but I won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

Yes, the old sets seem to be a lot better.

The current set needs to be more versatile due to other programs moving in and out quickly.

1 Like

Not quite, both updated but still glass coffee table and rug.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant, looks very similar still.

Barrie getting ready for his final show.

3 Likes

Barrie with his family in the studio who will join him towards the end of the show this morning.

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

What a great send off for a great journalist well done insiders. Well done Barrie for his journalism career and his hosting of Insiders.:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Anyone else thinking perhaps 10 have nabbed Barrie Cassidy with a lucrative pay packet?

EDIT: Scratch that. He is staying with the ABC according to the SMH and working on development of a new format.

He has been great on The Project and I hope PVO can convince him to front more for 10 in the future.

A great send-off for Barrie.
Was a nice montage of politicians saying their farewells to him. A nice, short emotional goodbye-speech from Barrie himself. A funny clip to end the show.

"Back to you Barrie… "
(going to miss that)

5 Likes

His two kids (far left) appeared in the pre-recorded tribute. The other two must be grandsons?

With his grandson

Barrie’s last guest Labor Deputy Leader Richard Marles gave Barrie a customised snow dome as a farewell gift.

5 Likes

He’s retiring from Insiders to do less work, and to take up a part time role within the ABC. I don’t think he’s interested in working for 10 or any other network for that matter. The idea is to do less work.

7 Likes

Video of the closing segment

3 Likes