Informer 3838

She was pretty well covered in the news when she was acting on behalf of all of the gangland members. As well as this she is the niece of prominent former Governor of Victoria and QC Sir James Gobbo. Sure her name has been elevated now but she was never a nobody.

3 Likes

She was well known during the trials.

A breath of fresh air from the usual flair of reality TV

1 Like

It started off slow but eventually picked up. The episode finished off with a bang quite literally. Looking forward to Part 2!

Would’ve been good if more of the original actors returned to reprise their roles to tie it in more.

1 Like

Did Jane Allsop return as narrator?

Caroline Craig was the narrator of the Underbelly series.

Ella Scott Lynch provides the narration as the character

1 Like

I mixed up the names. Both Caroline and Jane starred in Blue Heelers.

1 Like

Just caught up with this. I really enjoyed part 1.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how it’s done in consolidated Ratings . Considering it was over 2 hours long, I imagine that a lot of people will watch on catchup,

1 Like

Solid Australian drama. Would have been nice if LEGO Masters could have been edited into a 60 minute slot and this could start at 8:30pm sharp but it was great nonetheless.

I’m not sure Lego was the best fit for this. Surely this would have been better to lead out of married than Lego. Unlike something more family friendly in the castle

It’s a bit sad it’s only two episodes, I’m hooked. Would’ve been awesome to see maybe a four-parter but then again, this series has much less to cover than previous Underbelly series.

It is like a four parter because it’s four hours. :wink: the original underbelly series were one hour episodes.

The first episode was 2 hours. They could have easily done it in 1 hours parts over 4 weeks. But keeping people watching for 4 weeks is a bit hard.

2 Likes

Finished part 2. It was a good series overall. The first episode was much more accurate than the second though.

The relationship with Simon Overland was factually incorrect. None of those interactions happened and apparently they never even met.

Juicy’s storyline is fictional. She never turned on a fiance.

The handlers are still under suppression orders so that was all fictional as well.

Apparently much of the recordings of Mr Dale were incorrect as well.

Otherwise the story was good - just a few factually incorrect things.

2 Likes

I watched part one last night and immediately followed it with part two because I feared I wouldn’t come back to it. I found it a bit of a slog to get through so it helped that I was doing other things while it was on in the background.

The writing was poor and I found myself laughing at some of the dopey lines that were delivered. Felt the lead actress overplayed her role. You can tell this was thrown together in a rush and didn’t have the same care and attention invested in it the first Underbelly did. Even some of the props were laughable. The cane Gobbo was using in one of the final scenes was far too short and it appeared they just went with it because they had nothing else available.

Australia used to do drama so well but I find myself questioning why I bother when so much garbage has been produced recently.

2 Likes

The Australian and Herald Sun both reported that Nine and Screentime on Thursday settled a complaint by former Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Simon Overland about how he was portrayed in Informer 3838. Overland said the show had “simply made up” storylines which were “advertised as factual”, including his character’s phone conversations and meetings with Nicola Gobbo (Ella Scott Lynch).

As part of the settlement Nine signed on Thursday, the end of the show will now feature a message saying the scenes involving Overland and Gobbo were fictional, and Overland’s position that he was unaware Gobbo was informing on her clients, including Tony Mokbel and Rob Karam. Overland also demanded Nine contribute $10,000 to the fund for the families of the four police officers killed by an out-of-control truck at Melbourne’s Eastern Freeway two weeks ago, but he told The Australian the network would only offer $6000.

1 Like

Yeah this was something that didn’t sit quite right with me.

The mini-series will be streaming on Stan from October 27.

1 Like

The entire 2 episodes?

1 Like