Imparja Television

Actually seeing as Nine News Darwin is now part of Nine News Regional QLD, I don’t see why it isn’t used in itself rather than the metropolitan Nine product. It is a Nine production after all and why would their viewers care what happens in Brisbane?

3 Likes

Depending on the future of Imparja and who ends up owning it, there may be a case for a Nine News “Remote NT/QLD” edition with a mix of stories from the QLD/Darwin regional edition rather than carrying Nine News Brisbane.

If SCA were to take over this would most likely occur I’d think.

1 Like

Imparja breaking away at 10am now for the Today encore on 9Go!

Imparja%209Go!%20Schedule%202019-06-03

I haven’t seen any Imparja promos for a few days now. I can’t recall them ever taking a break from producing them either.

Edit: Just watched a full break then. Imparja branded sponsor billboard with a new v/o at the start, and Nine promo at the end. So they’ve either stopped promo production and just use Nine’s now, or the main v/o guy is taking a break.

3 Likes

Confirmed the change is permanent. According to a FB reply received today:

12 Likes

They should do an NBN. Rebrand as Nine, leave the Imparja brand for local news.

Oh.

8 Likes

Some commercial breaks from tonight:

1 Like

May as well just air a dirty feed of TCN with local commercials switched in the way they’ve gone in recent years.

6 Likes

I’m sure it would be in the pipeline. That’ll be the next logical step. A few people will probably lose their jobs or become casual/part-time out of this. They won’t be able to justify those promotions positions anymore if they aren’t producing Imparja promotional content anymore.

3 Likes

Seeing as Imparja doesn’t really produce anything these days and I think it makes a loss, might be a good buy for WIN. What benefit do the local communities get out of Imparja now?

2 Likes

Some people would ask the same question of WIN these days…

3 Likes

WIN isn’t owned by the local communities, so I don’t understand your point?

1 Like

I think was I was trying to say is that even if WIN were to buy it the community would still be no better off under their ownership as they don’t really do anything for communities anymore either.

2 Likes

They should however get a final dividend out of the Imparja operation.

1 Like

Who owns the rest of the Imparja Network?

CAAMA currently owns about 68% of it.

Other Indigenous groups own the remainder.

1 Like

Has anyone heard any more about the issues with CAAMA?

The current ASIC records show that CAAMA still owns 16 of the 22 ordinary shares in Imparja and still has five CAAMA members on the eleven member Imparja board. I’m guessing that means CAAMA hasn’t yet been able to work out how to extricate themselves out of Imparja.

1 Like

what are the issues with CAAMA?

CAAMA formally announced they are looking into removing themselves from Imparja, basically selling their shares. I don’t know much about this but there have been talks between the CAAMA, Imparja and Nine.