iHeartRadio

And now they’ve been switched on - story via Radio Today.

From the ACE Radio thread:

Is the iHeart Countdown a nightly countdown that’s also on The Edge in Sydney?

Would be smart to shift it to KIIS to go head to head with Hit30.

There’s three different shows, or at least were

Well that’s original…

2 Likes

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/the-loop/1520?u=tv.cynic

What Australians really need for their Alternative and New Hard Rock needs is a Station that Plays Both of Them like The Alt Project and Rock Nation in the US do.

4kq is a lot better than wsfm. Just tuning in iHeartRadio. Feel like I hear more unusual songs. Wish wsfm had a similar playlist.

1 Like

For the past couple of days I’ve been unable to stream any of the Australian stations on iHeartRadio​, I click on the station and it opens but nothing happens. The USA and NZ stations are all streaming fine.

I got a notification from the iHeartRadio app this morning that the Splendor in the Grass performers were about to be announced on Triple J so I clicked on the link but Triple J wouldn’t play. I wonder if ARN, ABC and MMN check if the streams are working?

There is a recent new version of the iHeart app - perhaps you could try the update. If you installed the update did you delete the original app?

I just checked a couple of Oz stations and they were fine.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’ve got the latest version, so I might trying uninstalling it then installing it again.

Edit: That worked brilliantly!

1 Like

I’ve still been having problems with the iHeartRadio app with some stations not available. It’s happened again today with no US stations. I’m on Optus and it’s supposed to be data free. Today I connected to a Telstra WiFi network and the US stations on iHeartRadio played fine, but as soon as I switched back to Optus 4G the US station I was listening to stopped and now no US stations are available. I’ll be complaining to Optus.

If a service that big can fail, what about the little ones?

From Radioinfo:

ARN has launched interactive advertising technology ‘ShakeMe’ across iHeartRadio, via an audio ad format launched in December last year by Californian tech company AdsWizz.

When listeners hear a ShakeMe advertisement – with a tailored call to action - they will be able to shake their device which will either trigger a phone call, download a coupon or open a landing when they next unlock their phone.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/arn-launches-interactive-audio-advertising-iheart-digital-music-service

What happens if I shake my Moto to turn on the camera and instead the phone calls some iHeartRadio advertiser! Hopefully there is an opt out.

If iHeartMedia was only $20 million in debt there would be no problem. Radio Today gets it wrong again! iHeartMedia is actually $20 billion in debt.

2 Likes

I heart media looks as though they are advertising 2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR & Macquarue sports radio tpo gain 3AW & 2GB & 3aw some arn listeners while gaining 4bc& 6pr & macquarue sports radio the rest of the RAN listeners

iHeartRadio has been sending out promos for the then Fairfax now Macquarie stations for a few years. Nothing has really changed from my observations.

1 Like