Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

It will be updated. Making sure everything is working here is out priority.

Agreed. We’ll be looking at the best option for a landing page.

The staff will discuss and make a decision on that. It’s part of the Discourse software but I think we can disable it.

Most likely. Either a landing page or the forums with links across the top. [quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:63, topic:22”]
What will now happen to Media Spy 1.0 (the old site)?

Will it remain there (as an archive), for users to view all the old posts, caps, the vault, etc?
[/quote]

As mentioned previously, the forums will remain in place and locked to new posts. How long it sticks around depends mainly on the hosting costs. The forums are also archived by the National Library of Australia. The Vault will continue to operate.

I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Really like the “like” function :smile:

Well done to the Admin / Mod team.

Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

Same. I’ve done the exact same thing and wouldn’t want to upset someone if I had been harsh initially and reconsidered my comment.

Previous versions of posts are no longer visible.

3 Likes

Glad to see the Vault is back in fine form.:relaxed:

1 Like

Can we not have posts pinned willy willy? Seeings that users can pin their own topics, wouldn’t that be far better? Global Pins should only be for the really really important posts that admins want to highlight… Not every post on the planet in the ABC/SBS category.

1 Like

Registered members who are logged on can easily clear a pin (aka unpin) on any thread by clicking on the pin icon, even if it was pinned by admin AFAIK

The pinning of topics like the various channels in the ABC SBS thread helps organise the site for anonymous users and members who are not logged on.

A suggestion/idea - can we have a separate area called something like “The Verdict” where all Polls could go?

I think it would be cleaner to have a single area for polls, not all over the shop in respective threads.

Just a thought…

@TV.Cynic I think you’ve missed the point with discourse. You pinning half the topics on the planet means the main page does not function the way it is suppose to which is showing the updated topics first. Discourse is not the same as your everyday bulletin board or forum. It’s designed around encouraging conversation within active topics. When users first join they are going to see whatever handful of topics one has pinned last, which only encourages conversation on what you think is important. I couldn’t give a rat’s bum about what YOU think is important to YOU… Because I didn’t vote for those to be pinned and you are forcing them to be. Plus making me have to unpin a heap of topics for no reason.

Sorry I misunderstood. I didn’t realise that the topics I had initiated and pinned were also pinned globally. The believe the admin team have unpinned them for you.

2 Likes

I know it’s a stupid question, but how do you change your profile picture?

Hope I am posting in the right thread. :confused:

Top right, you’ll see your avatar on the bar (a C for you). Click it, a menu should appear, click your name. underneath the grey bar, on the right of the other options, click preferences. On that page, you can select your profile pic and user card.

1 Like

Thanks for your helpful response Matlock. :grin:

Click on your user icon (top right hand corner) then the click on Preferences (the gear icon).

It is pretty obvious from there.

1 Like

It’s all good mate. Sorry about my rant. I thought that you had pinned these on purpose for all. Is there not a way for people to pin individual topics for themselves?

Not major suggestions or ideas, but is it possible that we can have the list of “Today’s Top 20” posters back and a list of members who are currently online? Personally, I liked being able to see who posted the most throughout the day and who was online at the current time. Obviously i’m not going to lose sleep over it if they are not re-instated, but I believe it would be nice if we had those small features on the new forums.

In this post I tried to use the bold button on the toolbar to bold the 4 - had to resort to manually typing it in as bbcode because it was just printing the asterisks using markdown.

It works fine in this thread though.

Is there a way to change the size of the captions in the forums to like how they were in the old forum?

At the moment they look like this;

Where as before you could have up to eight across. When you clicked on one they used to zoom up.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been wondering the same thing too Jack. Hopefully there is a way to change it.

Not sure what you are asking - is it how to change the image size like I have done?