Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

[quote=“OnAir, post:655, topic:22, full:true”]I only remember the username and the fact she always posted in the Headland thread but forgetting the specifics?[/quote]She was totally obsessed with the show. I think she made something like 2,000+ posts and more than 95% of them were in the HeadLand thread. :laughing:

I remember she used to get very defensive of the show whenever other members used to challenge her about the viewership (or lack of) for it etc.

[quote=“OnAir, post:655, topic:22, full:true”]
There’s been other memorable members like modecko and his fanaticism for Sunrise, Reuder7 and his The Mole avatar, as well as former staffers like Cyril Washbrook, Splashmo etc.[/quote]Definitely remember all of those users.

Other memorable members like Woz_331 (he used to love talking about FOX News), routemarker, Mawk and Sharpy (our regular Queensland news bulletin cappers and clip uploaders back in the day ), Scolaw, Super Simpsons. And forum Admins Mr.Q, NewsWorld and @lepatron.

Edit: Fotgot about the lovable resident from Scone in NSW in Big Dan and icat2000 (huge Prison Break fan from memory)

[quote=“OnAir, post:660, topic:22, full:true”]

WAKE UP WITH MEL, KOCHIE, NAT, BERRETTS AND GRANT DENYER AT BREKKY CENTRAL | SUNRISE | WEEKDAYS FROM 6 | ONLY ON SEVEN
[/quote]Oh god, I remember those! The old forum from years ago also had titles such as Anchors, Correspondents, Senior members etc.

8 Likes

Same,

Happily boasted about it on Facebook, but no responses welp.

I feel like it was a vote within the mods and admins :grinning:

1 Like

At least now we have Ayr…

Seriously, where is Big Dan?[quote=“melbournefan, post:671, topic:22”]
I feel like it was a vote within the mods and admins :grinning:
[/quote]If only there was some awards ceremony, that we could hold each year around New Years…

1 Like

Indeed. Those names ring plenty of bells, especially Mawk who sadly passed away very young.

7 Likes

The Mawk member of the year award as well with the long lost MS Awards.

Yes and no - our options appear to be limited, but I’m still looking into it

1 Like

I tried Opera’s free VPN last week going through a server in Singapore, and since turned it off because it’s too slow. Now half the ads I’m getting on MS are targeted to Singapore. Something is odd there, because I thought the VPN should have hid me so turning it off shouldn’t have allowed MS ads to continue to think I was in Singapore. So I don’t think the Opera VPN works that well.

AdSense has a lag when it comes to geo-targeted ads. I spent 3 weeks in Japan last year and I was getting Japanese language ads on here and other sites that serve AdSense ads for a couple months after.

Simulcasted on WIN :stuck_out_tongue:

When I go to quote a post by selecting the text on iOS, it will only want to quote the first word.

I’m using iOS 9.3.5 and running Safari.

TFW when @pelican likes a post you made six days ago :blush:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Or simulcast. Stop trying to invent new words. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is there any reason we can’t download images with the title that it was uploaded with?

Lately when saving images to my computer, random characters are in the title, eg b148fda57d89b176c44e7bbfd52a89d452b24bb7.jpg

I think this wasn’t an issue previously.

1 Like

I believe its how discourse manages files

So nothing can be done?

It appears not

I have set the ratings category to sort by thread creation date. There is the odd thread that is out of order, generally those where the Saturday thread has been created before Friday’s etc.

(Edited from previous version - homepage has updated to reflect date order of threads)

1 Like

@Bort liked my comment from two days ago and I thought maybe this deserved discussion.

Would anyone like to go first?

2 Likes

NSFW

2 Likes

Pls mark as NSFW, it’s too risqué.

Won’t somebody please think of the children!