Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I understand that those not of a Christian faith may not like it, and I respect that, though Christianity is the main religion in this country (other than football and beer).

5 Likes

#teamchristmastheme

5 Likes

14 Likes

Are we just talking about a few colourful lights at the top pf the page? Id say to just scroll down if these lights are annoying…

4 Likes

Or get an OFF switch installed.

And none of the Christmas related decorations on MediaSpy are religious in nature.

Lights and trees are derived from paganism. And the Santa hat is not Jesus approved

I reckon I am more pagan than Christian, although I do respect the rights of witches to lead a normal life.

5 Likes

I would have been like this if I was still working in my old job. hahaha

It’s an enforced religious observance, whether you’re religious or not, you are forced to comply.

And what are you complying with?

religious capitalistic

2 Likes

Nobody is forcing you to go to church on Christmas morning.

8 Likes

that too

Both actually are accurate.

1 Like

No, but I’m being forced to take two public holidays away from my work…and if it fell on a weekday then it’s a religious observance being forced upon non christians.

Just give up your public holidays and go to work then.

6 Likes

You know you could still work right?

And many non-Christians celebrate Christmas too. It’s not all about you.

A public holiday is always something I (and most people I would imagine) appreciate. Regardless of one’s religious beliefs (or lack thereof), it’s an opportunity for many people to be able to take a break and spend time with their loved ones (especially if that involves travel).

2 Likes

Some employers won’t let you … they will say if there is no business going on, it is not productive for them for you to be at work.

1 Like

I am of the understanding that most places will still pay workers who are contracted on days that fall on Public Holidays. But of course maybe there are some exceptions.

Either way the point is that having public holidays and celebrating Christmas has been century-long traditions. It’s not like it’s been happening only in the last few years and it’s not like the sky is falling as the member seems to be alluding to.

1 Like

Probably only applies to essential services eg. police, hospitals, emergency services where you are rostered on for that day… But for most non essential business that don’t need to operate and won’t be open eg. postal services, you would be expected to take the day off.