Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I think the difference being rugby league has World Cups, State of Origin etc whereas the AFL topic is very much just that. I’m probably inclined to leave it as is, along with the AFLW thread.

4 Likes

Yeah I think the best way is to rename the NRL thread to Rugby League, and leave the AFL and AFLW threads as is.

Can we unlock the Seven upfronts thread as it is on today?

1 Like

Will be opened ahead of 5pm AEDT

1 Like

The AFL themselves have managed to gradually change the way the sport has been referred to since taking over as custodians of the game in the mid 1990s from the Australian National Football Council. About the only non AFL titled thing left is the Australian Football Hall of Fame which is open to non AFL players.

As someone who grew up playing Aussie Rules it irks me greatly.

2 Likes

Is there a known issue with some of the threads jumping about twenty places every time you go to read a new post?

1 Like

Yes. And apparently there is nothing that can be done about it unless the host platform does something about it.

1 Like

Oh, ok thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I created the original NRL thread that was recently renamed Rugby League as per above.

Whenever a new post was made in that thread, I used to get the ‘Reply’ notification as below

But now I get this ‘bell’ notification as below.

Is this because the thread was renamed by someone else, or is there a system change that explains the different icon?

1 Like

My understanding is that the top icon is if someone replies to one of your comments specifically by using the grey Reply.

If they use the blue reply you get the bell because you are watching the topic irrespective of whether you started it or not.

2 Likes

Blue reply?

I’m getting the bell with exclamation for all new post notifications:

1 Like

Thanks, the change in icons only occurred for the Rugby League thread at the time it got renamed, never before that. I never got them at all before that for any thread.

I don’t recall ever “watching” any topics.
And I’ve never seen a “blue” reply option, only ever seen an Orange one.

1 Like

The blue reply is in the Air theme - it is orange in the light theme.

2 Likes

If you spend a certain amount of time viewing a thread, it automatically switches on, but you can switch it off.

4 Likes

Still no fix for this?

4 Likes

be patient

It was a genuine question.

1 Like

I suspect if we had a fix, we wouldn’t be holding off using it.

2 Likes

You guys do like to edge I’ve heard

2 Likes

I’ve pushed through an update that appears to have fixed the icon issue

6 Likes