Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Sorry, that downtime was a bit longer then I would have liked.

What was supposed to be a straight-forward upgrade had a couple of issues - should be good now though

4 Likes

I was wondering why the forum was very slow at lunchtime here in Melbourne.

What sort of upgrades had taken place?

2 Likes

predominantly backend - some stuff that I havent had the chance to do for a little while

1 Like

A couple of issues with the recent upgrades. When using mobile, some caps are zoomed in and you can’t see them fully. Also, the images from tweets are moving down onto text (see image below where the VIC Covid stats are covering Johnson’s text).

1 Like

I have had a similar issue on the phone with some images/caps chopping the left/right hand sides off. Clicking the image to open gets the full image however.

I just flagged some off topic posts in the Ace Radio thread which were actually about the Nine Radio Music stations. I realise it’s all a bit confusing as we now have 3 threads effectively for Ace Radio operated stations:

ACE Radio
ACE Radio (3MP)
Nine Radio (Music)

Wondering what’s the best way for mods to consolidate or rename these threads. I personally believe the existing Ace Radio thread should only cover the existing regional Vic/NSW stations.

1 Like

Agree that there probably should be a regional and a metro thread for ACE… the two metro threads are a bit messed up now though as 3MP’s format has become the brand exported to Sydney/Brisbane rather than Magic as it was under Nine. But then you have things like the Coodabeens now which is primarily for the regional network (in my eyes) but is also on 3MP. Hmm…

Such a good secret I don’t think Kochie even knows.

9 Likes

How do I direct message someone off the back off one of their posts?

I have had people message me before and it comes up ‘your comment in the XXX thread’… etc?!

1 Like

Press the report button and then

2 Likes

Ahh thank you. Never thought of ‘reporting’ haha.

1 Like

:+1: all good

Not really the right way to do it though unless you take issue with their post. It also doesn’t allow for the same formatting options.

The best way is to click/touch on the member’s name or icon within the post, and from the popup window press Message. The site knows you’ve come from that post and will include it as a quote and subject in the message

4 Likes

I don’t mean to be continually posting about these ads… but is this a real Nine News reporter?

3 Likes

Hahahah that is shocking. Yes, that’s Fiona Willan

5 Likes

That is the ugliest thing I’ve seen!

It’s not real. It’s one of those annoying ads

Had a couple of hours off and decided to read through a few threads I’d long left unread.

As activity isn’t as high in the radio/print/online sub forum, I usually tap like for each contributor within a discussion.

Now greeted with a dialog box saying I’ve reached my daily limit, come back in 12 hours.

Also says number of likes given will increase with trust level. Anything I can do to improve this?

4 Likes

Hello! I am sorry if I’ve missed it, but I was just wondering whether any thought had been given to a podcasting section (beyond one thread).

It feels like a media thing that would sit quite well on the site. Not all podcasts are coming from radio stations anymore - and could allow for more discussion about what’s happening in the podcast world.

I appreciate you wouldn’t want a different thread (unless its a big one). But you could have a thread through categories like NPR, BBC, Spotify exclusives etc.

Thank you and kind regards
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Something I’ve been meaning to mention for a while. Is it possible to have the network totals in a less vibrant blue ? One that’s easier to read in Dark Mode and still easy on normal? @TV.Cynic
It is a little hard on the eyes…

3 Likes