Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

It could be my particular configuration. When I visit the forum index page for the first time with Edge browser, I can see the topics on the right. But after I log in, I can’t see the topics on the index page.

Edit: same problem occurs when I browse with Chrome on my smartphone.

1 Like

I use Firefox and the index page has all the topics for me.

1 Like

Possibly not - we’ll discuss it and see

1 Like

How come there is Christmas hats on top of everyone’s profile?

1 Like

We do this every year in the lead up to Christmas

7 Likes

This post pops up every year.

4 Likes

I know right? I just saw wreaths on the light poles near the shops. What gives??

11 Likes

Depends on if we can find a priest to exorcise the curse.

4 Likes

As the inaugural Mawk Member of the Year we will never top it

1 Like

Dick’s getting angrier:

Only Smith knew that… Smith provides an opportunity. Hmmm…

7 Likes

An angry Dick pic. :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Sausages coke in variant dick sizes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One week on and I am still having the issue of not seeing latest topics on the index page after logging in. How can I change the preferences in order for the topics to appear again?

1 Like

Those bogus ads for a misspelled port in Madagascar are annoying and another clickbait scam.

Is it possible to change ad providers or turn them off as a site viewer?

1 Like

Not really, and we’d obviously prefer you didn’t switch the ads off as their revenue keeps the site’s lights on

10 Likes

How about a Patreon or something. I refuse to disable adblock soz.

3 Likes

Or even a few times a year you could set up a donation drive or something - in a way Wikipedia does. I disabled ads a long time ago but I would happy to contribute some money to the running of the forum.

2 Likes

I’ve considered alternate options previously, but while our revenue is reasonable (and covers costs) via our current means I’m hesitant to change.

Patreon is great if you’ve got something additional to add for subscribers - not sure we offer anything that would make a subscription worthwhile

6 Likes

Access to the secret lounge? Although I’m not sure if the nudity would be acceptable.

9 Likes

I would be happy to contribute to something like Patreon. Ad free is a good enough bonus so you wouldn’t have to worry about adding anything else. Let me know if you ever do set that up.

Aside from being obnoxious and distracting, ads are also a security risk so I don’t enable them anywhere. Perhaps less of a risk these days now that Flash is dead but it’s still a hard pass from me.

There’s a dick pic a few posts up. Looks like we’re already getting that for free :wink:

9 Likes