Hughesy, We Have A Problem

Audience call for filming across two dates in November:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8N7FR28

This content is fine, but it’s not enough.

Ten should aim to have this kind of cheap-and-cheerful content airing post-9.30pm to add depth to the schedule and net some of the viewers sticking around from earlier in the evening.

But what Ten need more of right now is appointment-to-view programming in the early hours to boost their early evening shares.

3 Likes

It would be great but they don’t seem to have enough content at 8:30 at the moment. With NCIS struggling and Sundays at 8:30 being a disaster it would be nice for ten to get constant programming between 7:30-9:30 to begin with then they can focus on 9:30. In my opinion 9:30 should either just be their US acquisitions (NCIS franchise, Law and Order SVU, This is us etc), a late news bulletin or a late night chat show.

I’m sure CBS can bankroll some Australian dramas and then distribute them globally to pay for them. That’s 8.30pm sorted.

CBS is willing to poach a single breakfast TV presenter for $2 million, which is approximately the cost of two episodes of Australian drama. Unless CBS are really fucking this up, flagship local productions in comedy and drama have to be under serious consideration.

2 Likes

10_Logo_HughesyWeHaevAProblem-500x281

2 Likes

A promo aired after Ten’s BBL cricket coverage tonight, showing highlights of an epsiode with their own Lisa Sthlekar.

Also seen during the first hour on ONE in Brisbane

3 Likes

Australia, Let Hughesy Solve Your Problems.

New Comedy Series Tackles The Big Issues.

Coming Soon

Every Australian household has its issues and now beloved comedian Dave Hughes is here to help solve them in the new comedy series, Hughesy, We Have A Problem, coming soon to TEN and WIN Network in 2018.

Joined by some of the country’s biggest names in comedy, Hughesy will tackle both the big and small problems that complicate modern Australian life.

From friends seeking social justice on Facebook to a mum joining her young daughter at the nightclub a little too often, Hughesy, We Have A Problem will have the hilarious advice the nation has been seeking.
And it is not just everyday Australians who are sharing their problems: each week a celebrity will turn to Hughesy and his panel to help them navigate their way through to a satisfying solution.

Sick of social justice warriors?

Mum down at the disco too much?

2 Likes

How many times are Ten going to announce this new program before it finally appears?

1 Like

You might be confusing Sthalekar with comedian Susie Youssef who I spotted in last nights promo?

3 Likes

This’ll either rate (probably 600k give or take)… Or completely bomb.

I like Hughesy, but his brand has been deflated by all his media roles the past rew years I think, many don’t like him, particularly after his Footy Show stint.

He was popular for 12 years on Ten’s BTG!

Oops, yeah I actually wasn’t 100%.

1 Like

So it’s either going to rate or it’s going to bomb. Thanks. So insightful. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Most viewers in NSW and Queensland would be unaware that he was on that program, so I don’t think that will have any impact on the audience ratings in Sydney and Brisbane.

A long 5-min sneak peek just aired on Ten after the BBL. Overall it isn’t too bad and I think this might find an audience if Ten air it on Monday nights after I’m A Celeb.

2 Likes

didn’t Ten do this back in the day for long sneak peek for an entire show.

Back in what day?

It might’ve been about 6 years ago or something like that

Wow! You make it sound like the olden days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hughesy, We Have A Problem.

Premieres Tuesday 30 January At 8.30pm

Dave “Hughesy” Hughes and a panel of Australia’s most hilarious entertainers are here to solve Australia’s big issues when Hughesy, We Have A Problem premieres on Tuesday, 30 January at 8.30pm on TEN and WIN Network.

Helping Hughesy solve the problems of everyday Australians this week are I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! co-host, Julia Morris, and beloved Australian comedians Anne Edmonds, Harley Breen and Nazeem Hussein.

Tackling everything from how to get through life with facial tattoos to how to stop a 12-year-old from smoking, Hughesy and the panel will offer up personal anecdotes and some questionable advice in order to get to the bottom of each problem.

Also in this episode, pop star Ricki-Lee Coulter drops in to talk about her big issue with a four-letter word and Hughesy questions how to solve a problem like Barkly.

2 Likes

Weird time slot. I would have thought Monday’s for sure. Wonder what they are planning for NCIS?