House Husbands

HOUSE HUSBANDS
Returns Monday 6 February
After Married at First Sight

Australia’s favourite dads and their loved ones return with more fun, friendships, fights and fabulously flawed families in the new season of House Husbands, premiering on Monday, February 6, on Nine.

The exceptional cast of characters navigating the craziness of modern life includes Hugh Sheridan (Nick), Delta Goodrem (Izzy), Gary Sweet (Lewis), Firass Dirani (Justin), Rhys Muldoon (Mark), Julia Morris (Gemma), Natalie Saleeba (Abi), Jane Allsop (Rachel), Louise Siversen (Miss Looby) and Denise Scott (Nurse Toni).

New faces in town include Nancye Hayes (Liz) and Roy Billing (Bernie) playing Mark’s overbearing parents, plus Rahart Adams (Rafiq) as Justin’s estranged younger brother with a troubled past.

In the premiere episode Lewis (Gary Sweet) is unimpressed with his neighbour Rachel’s (Jane Allsop) new younger beau and their alfresco lovemaking habits. He’s even less impressed to discover that this suitor, Nick (Hugh Sheridan), will be teaching music at Nepean South Primary School and hitting all the right notes with kids and parents alike. Lewis is certain that Nick is hiding something and he’s determined to expose it.

Nine’s co-Heads of Drama, Jo Rooney and Andy Ryan, said: “We’re enormously proud of House Husbands reaching its fifth season. The new additions to the cast make a seamless transition and bring an extra dimension to the domestic entanglements at the heart of the action.”

Good that they’ve gone back to the traditional night for Nine drama and not pitting it up against another Aussie drama.

Timeslot is vague, I see, meaning everything following reality shows are going to struggle again this year with viewers unable to find them in the schedule if they wanted to switch over.

2 Likes

Guessing that it will start at an inconsistent time each week; and then not at the advertised time anyway.

2 Likes

"Actor Hugh Sheridan and singer Delta Goodrem joined the cast for the fifth season. Sheridan is Nick Gazecki, a new music teacher who makes an enemy of Lewis.[26] While Goodrem plays Izzy Dreyfus, a reading recovery teacher at the Nepean South Primary School.[27] Her character was billed as "both beautiful and slightly tomboyish. She excites and frightens everyone in the House Husbands world"
From Wikipedia

Who wrote this??? She hasn’t even made an appearance yet…

A channel 9 publicist?

Could that have been the final episode of House Husbands ever? A good surprise to have Gyton Grantley as Kane return for a guest spot at the end of the episode.

1 Like

I calculate that Screen Australia will fund 7 more episodes and given the popularity with younger audiences, I would guess at least one more season.

Yes it was nice to see him back on the show. Hopefully he is back for the next season, which I hope they will produce.

Well that’s a shame. I quite liked this show.

That leaves Here Comes the Habibs as the only show awaiting renewal. Ten has a couple with Sisters, Offspring and The Wrong Girl

The axe has certainly been swinging when it comes to local dramas. House Husbands, Love Child, The Secret Daughter all gone and things aren’t looking good for Offspring, The Wrong Girl and Sisters.

Interesting that the Nine Network Program Director says that it could have gone on if not for the 65 episode cap on shows able to receive funding.

It’ll be interesting to see if the government inquiry will lead to the removal of the cap on television series funding.

2 Likes

Probs old mate Johnson