Hot Seat

Eddie had about 4 goes at pronouncing the 2nd word in this plant (in apostrophes).

The contestant passed, He was not happy … his reaction to “you’re not going to make me ask it again are you?” Contestant “Yes”

5 Likes

I know Nine won’t do anything like this, but I think the last episodes of Hot Seat should be or should have been assuming taping has finished, cut back to 30 minutes and start the new Game show at 5pm this year.

My reasoning is it takes it back to how it all began, a 30 minute format.

Given that most days there is something other than a midday movie in Nine each day, it could work, moving the 2pm to 4pm game shows up half hour and putting Hot Seat on at 3:30pm.

Could a mini-game within the regular Millionaire format work? India currently has the “Super Chest,” where a contestant has 90 seconds to answer 10 additional multiple-choice questions, worth 10,000 rupees each. If they answer 6 of the 10 questions correctly, they can either keep their winnings or exchange the money to revive a lifeline they have previously used.

5 Likes

Is Eddie holding in a fart?

2 Likes

Even when I’m holding in a fart, I can disguise it a lot better than that!

4 Likes

STARS COME OUT TO PLAY FOR MY ROOM CHILDREN’S CANCER CHARITY

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, AT 5.00PM CHANNEL 9 & 9NOW

308x326

Millionaire Hot Seat presents a special charity episode next Friday, September 29, at 5.00pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

The nation’s favourite game show, hosted by Eddie McGuire, will see stars and sports personalities come together to play for the My Room Children’s Cancer Charity in the lead-up to the annual Footy Show Grand Final: My Room Telethon going to air later that evening at 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

Three-time premiership player, 2007 Brownlow Medallist, 2011 Norm Smith Medallist and AFL analyst Jimmy Bartel will take to the hot seat, along with Darren Purchese, celebrity chef and My Room Ambassador. Joining them are Postcards presenter and My Room Ambassador Brodie Harper, comedian, actor and Triple M Radio host Lehmo, and content creator and My Room ambassador Jordan Ablett, as well as the CEO of My Room Children’s Cancer Charity, Margaret Zita.

My Room Children’s Cancer Charity is a volunteer-led organisation that supports young patients and families affected by childhood cancer.

Tune in when Eddie McGuire serves up the questions to the stars in this special edition of Millionaire Hot Seat.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the final is going to air? I know that Fridays have been in repeat mode for some time now, but i wonder if it will air on a Friday during the last week of the official ratings week (early December)? Or even a primetime special?

4 Likes

Good question, I have a feeling it might go very quietly, partly because of the repeats, and perhaps stay in repeat mode until Tipping Point starts.

4 Likes

It will probably be repeat mode from early/mid December until early January. The Australian Open will air on Nine mid to late January, with Tipping Point starting the day after (more than likely?).

4 Likes

On the TVTonight website (in the TV Lounge section), someone did ask when the last ep will air, and he said Wednesday next week. He also believes that it was just be a normal episode, but is hoping that an acknowledge is made (re being the final ep).

5 Likes

I can confirm that the final episode is indeed Wednesday 29 November. This is a ‘normal’ episode and there is no farewell as such. Then into repeats for summer.

6 Likes

Hearing Eddie McGuire talk about the end of Hot Seat on radio a few weeks ago, he was positive that the show would come back in one form or another. He either thinks it might come back in prime time or in the afternoon at some stage.

2 Likes

Could they bring back the original Millionaire format for short prime-time runs.

4 Likes

Maybe Eddie has hope for that otherwise he might be thinking Tipping Point might fail. :wink:

1 Like

After last night’s numbers in particular I think it’s safe to say this show is dead and buried

3 Likes

The new line up can’t come fast enough for Nine News.

3 Likes

7 will be nervous. The Chase and 7News are all they really have left to rely on to anchor their evenings.

2 Likes

7 really really need to launch a 7pm news program before it’s too late.

If Tipping Point takes off and Nine News gains more viewers it’s A Current Affair and the 7:30pm programming on Nine that will gain the rewards.

4 Likes

Don’t think Today Tonight will be coming back soon (not that anyone suggested it). Reckon a light public affairs program (titled “Seven at 7” or “7 at Seven” for example) might fit the bill.

As for H&A, that could move to 7two.

1 Like