Home and Away

This year. OK. That’s different.

Ok Jim. Whatever you say. It’s a very common phrase when referencing the current year.

OK David.

1 Like

Put The Latest on nightly at 7, and Home and Away for an hour two nights a week at 7.30. That’ll help fill the programming gap

1 Like

7 could have House Rules sun/mon/tues at 7.30, then H&A wed/thurs and BHG Friday.
Once HR finishes replace it with Farmer Wants a Wife.

1 Like

I’ve heard Home and Away has been put on hold so they can show The Latest for an hour in the 7pm slot, with H&A scheduled to return in two weeks. Has anyone else heard this?

3 Likes

Yes only about a million times in various threads here.

1 Like

According to fansite Back to the Bay, the cast held their first virtual rehearsal last week, before the production was halted.

1 Like

Apologies, I only read the conversation on this thread and thought it was only a possibility rather than fact.

Why does Home and Away film so far ahead compared to a soap like Neighbours?

Also why does Neighbours air all year around now and Home and Away doesn’t ? (I assume Neighbours has halted production but before this virus , Neighbours I heard aired all year ?)

Neighbours temporarily halted filming but has since resumed - however its probably just a matter of time before they suspend filming once again. They may just be finishing off a block of episodes.

Neighbours now runs all year round as part of the deal made with Channel Five UK in 2018. Five heavily subsidise the show due to its popularity in the UK - they even play a part in storylining.

I think it’s because they take a longer break in the summer than the four weeks production break so they’ve built up a big stockpile over the years.

I guess Neighbours is in a more strategic timeslot for Channel Five and they want it on air all year round like other soapies in the UK.

1 Like

Home and Away cast and crew also take a break for an unspecified period during winter.

1 Like

Neighbours also take two weeks at Easter, mid-winter and spring.

1 Like

A message now appears on the show’s page on 7plus saying it is “returning in a few weeks”.

Seven posted this back on Monday including a message for overseas fans.

In Britain, Channel 5 is cutting the number of Home and Away episodes from five to two from March 30. H&A and Neighbours will both air on Mondays and Fridays only.
TVNZ is putting Home and Away into hiatus from today, and will show Young Sheldon in its timeslot.

2 Likes

Al well as next week, Home And Away is also out of the following week.

1 Like

As others have said it was part of the deal C5 struck last time the contract was renewed - but it made no sense at all as the first Christmas Neighbours aired through C5 were airing the episodes at 9am and 1pm, so they might as well not have had them at all.

2 Likes

1 Like