Home and Away

Watched Home and Away tonight, the first time in 8 and a half years :fearful:

I last watched the show around the time Esther Anderson arrived as the cop & before Luke Jacobz arrived.

Ikr, a long time ago (mid 2008)…

I actually got into it tonight, drama high and all as usual, with a crook cop storyline :grin:

Ahhh so nothing’s changed on the recycling storyline front then.

Also just remembered how a majority watch H&A back in the good ole days of the 90s-00s

2 Likes

Spot on. Absolute rubbish with storylines repeated again and again every 18 months. So predictable.

1 Like

So true!

There was even a ‘bad cop’ storyline back when I use to watch H&A.

Remember the detective who arrived to help Peter Baker (Dan - Leah’s dead husband’s brother)…

Turns out she was a crook working with the serial killer Zoe & before we knew it… BOOM! Explosion at Jack & Martha’s wedding reception.

~late 2006?

Christ that takes me back I do remember that.
Golden era for me is when Mr Fisher was the principal lol

1 Like

Cross promotion of Seven Network stars.

Mauboy revelling on the small screen
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/jessica-mauboy-revelling-on-the-small-screen-with-home-and-away-role/news-story/c3d562b8bb4f14ec6cfc9fda0cedec4c

Home and Away went downhill when Sally left, and then it found it’s own feet again when the river boys storylines amped up. Since they left its gone to the same old recycled typical soap drama (with the exception of a couple good months when Charlotte was around late last year). Overall this year has been a snoozefest. Enjoying It more with Heath and Bianca back but think their time on it will be short :frowning:

1 Like

I thought it was downhill all the way since the River Boys arrived. Literally every week there is some violence and a few innocent characters were killed off. When will Summer Bay ever find peace again?

90-minute 2016 final is next Monday 19 Dec.

Billie’s world is rocked by news of Mick’s release. The arsonist prepares to strike again. One of the Morgans is left clinging to life. An unwelcome visitor returns to the Bay

Oh the riverboy drama was over the top for sure but it was at least more compelling to the recycled soap drama we are currently getting. I’m not saying we need to do the Riverboys over again (that phase of the show has had its time) but currently it’s just random characters doing the same old storylines. We need more unique characters, more events that tie more characters together, more mystery and a bit more creativity.

Anyone know who this is? A return of another old character? I hope so.

1 Like

My guess is guest villain of the week. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See, I tuned out when the River Boys started and only got back into the show this year.

A character gets a cold sore? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

With all the partner swapping and pashing going on. I’m not surprised. :laughing:

1 Like

It’s like they can’t have the show going without a crime storyline.

I live in a small beach town and it is so unrealistic the stuff happening on Home and Away.

I guess they keep the River Boys in for the millennial teens.

1 Like

If television dramas were realistic, they would be bloody boring like most people’s lives.

Television is escapism where you need to suspend your usual knowledge of believability.

2 Likes

If they were real, there are some places to avoid - like Seattle, home to Grey’s Anatomy - two major disasters each season; good place to own shares in a hospital though. Chicago - HUGE number of fires there!

3 Likes

Home & Away spin-offs that were originally destined for Presto:

Revenge launches December 19, and All or Nothing launches January 26, on Foxtel on Demand.

Yet ratings have gone downhill since the River boys left. This year took even a further dive.