Home and Away

Interesting how James Stewart who is 40 is playing the brother of Orpheus Pledger 22. From the adverts I thought they were father and son. :laughing:

Hmmm… name of a real person or a Real Housewife?

Pretentious parents? :stuck_out_tongue: Orpheus was a legendary musician, poet, and prophet in ancient Greek religion and myth. We also have actors in Australia called Socrates and Septimus as in Socrates Otto and Septimus Caton.

Did anyone manage to get the channel 7 recording of Home and Away in Sydney tonight?

Why

You could probably watch it online at Plus7

Spoiler Alert!
Newscorp papers have published paparazzi photos of two weddings which are major spoilers for the show and won’t actually screen until the end of the year.
The Daily Telegraph

This happened last year when John and Marilyn got married. It was filmed at Palm Beach allowing the DailyMail to publish 40+ photos of every detail. It must be pretty disappointing to all involved to have it leaked like that, knowing this doesn’t take place on screen for around 6 months.

A remake of Lost? They may be stranded for a couple of years

How come there were 6 eps of the show this week and next week it seems the same too?

Like all shows they would have a set number of episodes they film and put to air each year, HAA are probably trying to finish this year’s shows. IIRC, HAA did this last year too.

1 Like

I think it ran a couple weeks into non-ratings last year as well? It’s a good opportunity for the show to gain back some viewers with nothing else on and the last couple of weeks are generally more action packed. The show is on it’s last legs with me. There are just too many characters without substance that I don’t care about anymore. Heath returning does excise me so lets see if that improves it.

I don’t think that Seven will axe Home & Away (at least not yet anyway, since it probably still does OK on Plus7 catch-up viewing, international sales and the like), but I do think that they’ll need to consider moving the show to 7TWO in favour of a new 7pm program on the main channel if the ratings continue to tank in 2017. The Sydney & Melbourne ratings in particular have been pretty bad in recent times…

2 Likes

People aren’t going to watch one hour if this every night. I don’t think Seven would be happy to be running a show that rates as low as Home & Away on so many nights of the week, sometimes rating half what MKR does.

1 Like

Only now? :wink:

1 Like

I remember the first episode which was set in a caravan park at the end of a dirt road. I’ve only watched fleeting moments since but from what I’ve seen the little town has grown into suburbia.

1 Like

Apparently there’s a river there somewhere as well.

1 Like

Urban sprawl has caught up with Summer Bay

3 Likes

Ahh remember the days when going to Yabbie Creek was a big deal and going to Sydney was like going to New York. Now the city’s come to them.

Well that was refreshing to have Heath and Bianca back last night. It makes the show worth watching again.