Home and Away

I think this is in part because Neighbours is packaged by an outside company (Fremantle) which allows it a certain amount of autonomy, while Home And Away is produced by Seven in-house, so Seven execs have a lot more influence over what goes to air.

Zoe Ventoura’s actor husband Daniel MacPherson has also spoken out about this.

And that Neighbours is essentially a UK soap filmed in Australia and the UK is light years ahead of us in LGBT representation on screen.

2 Likes

Seems the network really wants to be careful about they represent LGBTQ characters.

1 Like

Why do they need to be “careful” in 2020? And why in Australia and not the rest of the world?

Exactly. It’s 2020. It’s perfectly fine to show same sex couples kissing.\ and having storyline’s around a gay couple.

4 Likes

i was told once that we have got a long way to go with tv here in australia accpeting lgtbtqi people . and home and away just proves it . they dont want to upset any of there viwers by getting rid of any kiss’s done by there same sex characters. which to me as a gay person is toatlly wrong. home and away has been said to have story lines about issues in today soicetys and how to handle them . well if this is the case they are doing them selfs no favours by being so consertive on same sex issues like to peoople of the same sex kissing

2 Likes

It’s because the network is still run by dinosaurs who would rather look and discuss a “nice piece of skirt” than equal representation of all people.
They aren’t interested in it, which is why they cut it. The broadcast version wasn’t a mistake, it’s spin to cover their tracks.

The Network will continue to flounder in ratings and the image to the public until this type of behavior and attitudes are pushed out of the network.

Anyone remember when 9 were experimenting with live streaming and social media interaction and the dinosaurs at 7 were making fun of them saying it’ll never work all over Twitter? Fast forward 5 years and 7 is still playing catch-up. They don’t adapt and aren’t “with the times”

2 Likes

I’m really astounded that they cut the scene out. Last year Alex and Willow kissed on screen so what makes this time any different , some homophobe I guess working at the station.

They’ve had gay storyline ms before too .

2 Likes
2 Likes

Luke Jacobz is reprising his role on the show as Angelo Rosetta. Not sure if this is a guest stint or full time.

2 Likes

Great news. He was fantastic on Home and Away!

I guess The Proposal didn’t work out so well for him, so something is better than nothing.

If only he’d lose the ‘z’

Why? It’s the name he has chosen to use.

1 Like

Chosen at a time when it was fashionable to add a rogue letter. Now it just looks weird.

Not really, most people wouldn’t know otherwise and it’s not that strange. I don’t see what the big deal is, lots of artists are known professionally under another name - most are somewhat unconventional.

Exactly. You don’t just change your name every few years. He’s not Andy G Andrew G Andrew Gunsberg Osher Gunsberg. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

now Osher GĂŒnsberg.

1 Like