Holey Moley

What a strange but unsurprising choice to show the course. Wouldn’t Sunrise be better?

Nobody knows “news” like Seven.

2 Likes

Better than the shopping discounts on 9News Brisbane… just.

Ugh. Sonia, everywhere on 7, Kruger.

No thanks

3 Likes

Cost cutting measure at 7, as she’s already employed?

Screenshot_20201001-131145~2 Screenshot_20201001-131158~2

1 Like

I think Matt Shrivington is a better replacement for Brian Taylor. Brian Taylor would rather focus on calling the AFL instead of the Golf show on 7. The 2021 AFL Season has not been finalised yet.
Sonia Kruger - she will be hosting The Voice, Big Brother, Holey Moley and the Tokyo Olympics. I think Sonia has too much commitments for next year.

Why is Sonia in every 7 show… seriously viewers don’t like it when they use the same host for all shows :confused:

5 Likes

She must be getting paid the big bucks so she is working like a dog!:joy:

2 Likes

Shirvo, Riggle and a female golfer or sports star would have worked better.

1 Like

Karrie Webb? She is the former world No.1 female golfer and is from Queensland.

5 Likes

Production starts next month.

1 Like

I can see Uranus.

Riggle will get to recycle all of his around Uranus gags from the American version.

Set looks awesome. Just wish they wouldn’t wait till next month and start it as soon as possible.

Personally still can’t get over why Sonia was chosen to host. I thought the show was going to be watchable after Brian Taylor left but then she was appointed. Seven seems to be infatuated with annoying/overexposed personalities.

3 Likes

I just watched Max’s report and filming does start this month and the show will air early next year.

1 Like

Here is Max Futcher’s report.

When did Rob Riggle arrive in Australia?

Great for Qld’s recovery. Hundreds of jobs and millions for the economy. Talk of overseas versions filming here as well.
Set looks amazing! Players being set on fire…omg!

2 Likes

Does anyone know how network contracts work?
Shows like The Voice employ their talent on run-of-show contracts so they’re not directly contracted to the network and therefore would require an additional cost if asked to appear on another show.

When Seven announced that Sonia had been signed on a big multi-year network deal, she had originally been cast for Holey Moley, AGT and Olympics in 2020. Obviously, she was then asked to do Big Brother so Olympia Valance replaced her as sideline commentator for Holey Moley. Now for some reason she’s back doing Holey Moley, as well as Big Brother and The Voice for 2021. Add on the possibilities of commentating for the Olympics and judging on AGT, and suddenly she’s probably doubling her workload. Is that normal for a network contract?

It seems crazy to me that Australia has so few established ‘primetime hosts’ that they need Sonia to host 3 big franchises, or that Seven cannot afford to hire other talent to prevent viewer exhaustion.

Osher has a similar role to Kruger as 10’s workhorse, seeing as he hosts 4 primetime shows (albeit 3 of them come under the same franchise).
9 seems to be experimenting more in recent years with Hamish for LegoMasters and using 2 hosts for The Voice (although Darren was simply brought back after a couple years), and Sophie Monk seems to be their go-to for all things to do with romance and reality.

3 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports former AFL player Barry Hall and Denise Drysdale are rumoured to be a group of celebrities competing in the new show.

2 Likes

Is Denise not exclusively signed to Ten because she’s a part of Studio 10?