Holey Moley

Will the Australian contestants who flew to California in March to compete, keep their spots?

1 Like

Maybe, but they might just start from scratch as it would be very difficult to get them into Australia.

Huh? Wouldn’t they already be here? They would have all returned in march.

1 Like

Filming a junior version straight after?

1 Like

Kids aged 8 – 12, along with a parent or legal guardian, will take on our wild golf obstacle course and must be available for filming for 2 weeks from late September 2020.

2 Likes

No, I think they have lowered the minimum age of the child contestants as it is being filmed in Australia now.

1 Like

This show has sunk to ratings Los in the US

The ratings are actually up on last year. A show getting a 0.5 in the demo is not that bad for the US summer.

I don’t think that means much in Australia

1 Like

Exactly. If Seven can capture the essence of this show and treat it like family friendly entertainment I can see it becoming the next big hit.

6 Likes

Same I actually think this show has huge potential.

4 Likes

That’s right. Australia turned Masterchef into a phenomenon when it had just been an average daytime show on the decline in Britain.

6 Likes

Brian Taylor has been dropped as a commentator due to a clash with his AFL commitments, with his role to be recast. The show along with a junior version will now film in Queensland from late September to October.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/brian-taylor-gone-in-surprise-commentary-shuffle/news-story/75cda831f5e8bf67d2b99e97538da481

2 Likes

Roy and HG please!

1 Like

Why is Rob Riggle still involved if its to be shot in Australia?

Perhaps he’ll be able to get an exemption? Kind of similar to how Urzila Carlson is involved in The Masked Singer.

Eddie McGuire said on Triple M Hot Breakfast today that the same dance crew from The Masked Singer (seven of whom had tested positive to COVID-19) was supposed to appear on Holey Moley. I wonder if the production would proceed without them, meaning the producers would have to find Queensland-based dancers?

Yeah I don’t think a couple of dancers will hold up the production of this show.

Still stretching my head though on why they need dancers on a mini golf show?

1 Like

Those dancers must have very good agents. navigating mass unemployment in the arts sector and border restrictions.

1 Like