Holey Moley

Exactly. I know she is there for entertainment but all could’ve been avoided if she didn’t try that.

Not surprisingly this show flopped last night. It just dragged and dragged as it usually did. I wasn’t a fan of Little Big Shots but arguably one of the reasons it did moderately well through two seasons was because they kept the episodes short and sweet (60-70 minutes once a week). Holey Moley/Ultimate Tag belongs in that category yet Seven seem intent on stretching the show to 90 minutes because they can’t be arsed to commission anything after 8.30pm.

3 Likes

In an interview she said that there was a hump under the artificial turf which she didn’t and tripped on. She complained that the surface shouldn’t have been uneven but that was the whole point of the game.

Indeed she ran over a bumpy part of the course, David at tvtonight said it’s 7’s fault because “you know what you’re getting with Denise” not sure how that’s relevant, because she decided to do something unscripted and potentially dangerous. Bizarre some people’s reasoning.

3 Likes

Sorry Denise, but you have no one to blame but yourself for the fall.

She wasn’t injured by any of the obstacles, she was simply “goofing” around (just how an article from months ago described her as doing IIRC?). And she signed up to the show, probably had to sign some sort of waiver, fully aware of the risks associated.

However I hope she’s made a full recovery and is feeling better.

1 Like

Janie Carroll wins world’s first Holey Moley Junior

The kids came out to play tonight and proved themselves to be pint-sized golfing prodigies, with nine-year-old Janie Carroll putting her way into history as the world’s first Holey Moley Junior Champion.

A nine-hole champion on the junior Gold Coast circuit, Janie outplayed eight-year-old Oscar and nine-year-old Aahan in the grand final putt off on Uranus to clinch the coveted title, golden putter, plaid jacket and a massive $10,000 golf shopping spree.

When asked by host Sonia Kruger about her impressive win, an elated Janie admitted she was feeling “emotional.” Janie’s dad and caddy for the night, Garry, was also overwhelmed by the evening’s excitement: “I’m so proud, it’s fantastic.”

Janie plans to spend part of her prize on a new golf buggy and a special gift for her dad, who she says aced all the obstacles. “He was amazing. He was really good. He’s the best!"

In this special edition of Holey Moley, the eight junior golfers took the putts while their adult caddies took the hits on the supersized obstacles, including a Distractor Duel featuring crawling huntsman spiders!

1 Like

Is there any confirmation that Holy Moly will be returning next year? I hope not.

1 Like

Networks usually don’t announce renewals while a show is still airing unless it’s doing remarkably well. They usually like to hold out until Upfronts, or don’t bother announcing it at all.

IIRC She said once on Studio 10 once that she signed up for Celebrity Splash because she didn’t know/wasn’t told all the details and thought it was a swimming show

Well, whose fault is that? Who signs up to a show without knowing the details?

5 Likes

Caught up with Holey Moley Junior last night. There are some very talented junior golfers out there, really impressed.

The AFR reports that Holey Moley will return next year, though probably only once a week.

1 Like

If only someone at Seven got the memo early this year. Probably too late but then again they do need something that doesn’t resemble a filler so I guess this could work if it is tweaked and airs at the end of the year along with something like SAS Australia?

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Do you have the link to the article, please?

2 Likes

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Suspect Ultimate Tag failing has helped Holey Moley - makes it look like a success even if it’s not worrying the half million mark.

Seven supposedly have Idol in the first quarter next year so they’ll need weekly formats to sit alongside that, but just as with Big Brother and DWTS I doubt they’ll do Idol as it should be done and it’ll be rushed out over a few weeks.

2 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS.

What are they thinking?

1 Like

They are thinking they can make it work with a changed weekly format and tighter editing. They are also thinking the cost fo the course build will be minimised over a greater number of episodes. Both criticisms of the show this year and good to see them acting on it.

While no where near a massive hit, I am glad to see it back and an Aussie production (with an Aussie production team) not just disappearing too quickly.

3 Likes
3 Likes