Holey Moley

An email about getting audience tickets was sent to all schools in Brisbane earlier this week.

“My name’s Matt and I’m the audience coordinator for the exciting new show Holey Moley, that’s coming to channel 7! We’re extremely excited to be bringing the most OUTRAGEOUS mini golf show to Channel 7 and we’re giving local schools across Brisbane the chance to be apart of our live studio audience.”

It goes on to say the audience will be small due to Covid etc.

I assume most of the filming will take place between 9am and 3pm to suit school hours.

Audience tickets available for Brisbane recordings.

1 Like

Interesting that they’ve retained Riggle. Looks like he’ll be phoning it in from the states unless he got a special Palache exemption.

Considering the likes of Urzila Carlson was able to travel to Australia I think Riggle would be able to travel too.

Still wish they went local and hired Roy and HG instead.

Greg Norman and Rob Riggle joined by Sonia Kruger and Matt Shirvington on the HOLEY MOLEY fairway

Seven Network today announced popular presenter Sonia Kruger and 7NEWS sports anchor Matt Shirvington will join legendary golfer Greg Norman and American actor/comedian Rob Riggle on the upcoming extreme mini golf competition series, Holey Moley.

Sonia will host the show set to premiere on Channel 7 in 2021, with Matt sharing commentating honours with Rob (Saturday Night Live, The Hangover, Step Brothers, The Other Guy), who is fresh from the smash hit second season of US Holey Moley.

The trio will feature with one of the world’s most successful golfers, Australian sporting great Greg Norman, who will serve as the Resident Golf Pro of the epic Holey Moley course.

Excitedly taking her first steps into the high stakes world of mini golf, Sonia says: “Holey Moley is refreshingly new, utterly unique and completely bonkers, which I’m pretty sure is why they thought I’d be a natural fit.

“It’s a total thrill to be working with the god of golf himself, the one and only Great White Shark, Greg Norman. Plus, I get to work with international comedy megastar Rob Riggle and Aussie sporting champion Matt Shirvington, or Shirvo and Riggle as I like to call them, which I’ll probably just shorten to ‘Shiggle’ for economy of words.”

No stranger to a spiked sports shoe, former athletics star Matt is pumped to hit the course. “Holey Moley is such an insane concept. Sport meets entertainment on a mind-blowing scale,” says Olympian Matt.

“I’m really looking forward to sharing the desk with Rob. I’m a huge fan of his work, he’s hilarious. Getting the chance to work with Sonia again on such a mad show is amazing, she’s such great fun. And of course, The Shark; few Australians have dominated their sport to the degree Greg Norman has – he’s one of the true Aussie legends, an absolute powerhouse.”

Angus Ross, Seven’s Director of Network Programming says the all-star hosting and commentary line-up further bolsters the family entertainment appeal of the program.

“Holey Moley is serious family fun. From the sensational course you must see to believe, to the brilliant comedy and the make or break putts, this series will deliver unpredictable entertainment. Audiences can expect the unexpected on the Holey Moley course.”

Holey Moley sees mini golf lovers from around Australia competing head-to-head on the unparalleled, larger-than-life obstacle mini golf course. They’ll face out-of-this-world putting and physical challenges while they attempt to complete the course and reach the daunting final hole.

Each episode, one winner will take home the “Golden Putter” trophy and coveted Holey Moley plaid jacket. Then, in the Grand Final, the winners from every episode will face off for the chance to take home the $100,000 grand prize. It all comes down to one putt!

Holey Moley begins production in Brisbane today.The series is created by Eureka Productions and produced by Eureka Productions for Channel 7.

I really hope that photo wasn’t taken recently.

Looks photoshopped to me.

2 Likes

Looks like a normal photo shoot in hi res.

Matt Shirvington is a good replacement for Brian Taylor.
What happens to Olympia Valance who is supposed to be a reporter for the show?

1 Like

7 need to be careful that they don’t over use her on every show. She’s also doing The Voice and Big Brother next year.

6 Likes

Sonia is replacing Olympia.

No complaints about Matt Shirvington replacing Brian Taylor but why does Sonia Kruger have to be involved in pretty much every Seven show next year? Between The Voice, Big Brother, the Olympics, this and Australia’s Got Talent, it almost seems like there’s no one else to use.

For all the money they used to hire Sonia they could’ve hired a few more new talents who would arguably do a better job than Kruger. There was nothing wrong with Olympia Valance and even if she couldn’t commit they could’ve gotten someone else like Ricki-Lee or Georgie Parker instead.

7 Likes

There’s a preview of the course on 7News Brisbane tonight. Max Futcher reporting.

What a strange but unsurprising choice to show the course. Wouldn’t Sunrise be better?

Nobody knows “news” like Seven.

2 Likes

Better than the shopping discounts on 9News Brisbane… just.

Ugh. Sonia, everywhere on 7, Kruger.

No thanks

3 Likes

Cost cutting measure at 7, as she’s already employed?

Screenshot_20201001-131145~2 Screenshot_20201001-131158~2

1 Like

I think Matt Shrivington is a better replacement for Brian Taylor. Brian Taylor would rather focus on calling the AFL instead of the Golf show on 7. The 2021 AFL Season has not been finalised yet.
Sonia Kruger - she will be hosting The Voice, Big Brother, Holey Moley and the Tokyo Olympics. I think Sonia has too much commitments for next year.