Holey Moley

Our networks still seem to have difficulties understanding that less is more. Masked Singer works perfectly well as a 60 (really 70) minute show. I’m sure this will too yet they like stretching it to the point it will potentially drive fatigue.

12 Likes

do we know how many nights a week this is?

2 Likes

I reckon they should do Holey Moley three nights a week (Mon, Tue, Wed), and use Sunday’s to show the 7NEWS Spotlight: Ivan Milat specials.

2 Likes

Exactly - most entertainment shows are designed to work once a week for an hour, not 3-4 times a week for 90 minutes.

4 Likes

I expect to air 2-3 nights per week.

3 Likes

Another review

2 Likes

62 minutes without ads just lost me.

2 Likes

Episode 2 is only 61 minutes :wink:

5 Likes

Oh that’s ok I will come back for episode 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

61-62 minute show + ads is too long, in my opinion. Hope to be proven wrong, though - for this type of show

4 Likes

I agree… per the press release their are a total of eight match-ups in each episode. That is approximately 7.5 minutes per hole…

Comparatively US Holey Moley was 42 minutes with seven match-ups making it six minutes per hole… so AUS have added 1.5 minutes more each of possible interviews, replays, riggle… they may even show all the shots played instead of editing them out which caused some controversy in US.

When looking at the fact AUS HM has an additional round perhaps the longer episodes won’t be too bad :man_shrugging:

Holey Moley. Only one week to go!

The road to mini golf glory starts 7.30pm Monday, 1 February

Putter up! Meet the Holey Moley competitors. Sharing a passion for the game, precision putting skills and dreams of Holey Moley glory, these brave contenders will battle each other and the fierce Holey Moley course when the coveted competition tees off 7.30pm Monday, 1 February.

When it comes to success on the challenging course, Holey Moley co-commentator, Rob Riggle, believes the obstacles diminish any advantage professionals have over amateur golfers. ”Professionals may have more experience with putting, but there are so many obstacles to overcome that putting is only one part of the equation.”

Will strategy outplay strength? Can beginner’s luck conquer experience? Will fear foil a near victory? The Holey Moley obstacles will decide.

In the first round of each episode, eight players compete in a series of head-to-head matchups. Only the four winners go through to the second round to battle it out.

Those who are victorious head straight to the final hole. The remaining two compete in the Distractor Duel for the last spot in the final three-way battle.

The ultimate winner of each episode takes home the prestigious plaid jacket, the golden putter and books a spot in the Grand Final, where they will compete for the chance to win $100,000 on the daunting last hole, the Tomb of Nefer-Tee-Tee.

Holey Moley stars Greg Norman, Sonia Kruger, Rob Riggle and Matt Shirvington.

1 Like

Slight error with the article:

The Gold Coast was targeted, as it is where the program was filmed last year.

It was filmed at Redlands in Brisbane’s eastern outskirts.

2 Likes

Replying in the right topic.

What is wrong with using humour based on people falling off objects? It isn’t exactly offensive or anything but from a visual point of view it is funny. Total Wipeout UK has done something similar for years and no one ever complained about it.

Try using intelligent humour on a show like this and it becomes vanilla and boring.

1 Like

Well I personally don’t find it funny. It may not be offensive true. I am clearly not the target market for the show. But some of the jokes on the promos are really bad and cringe worthy. They could do much better.

There’s nothing wrong with physical humour.

2 Likes

Seven has also produced a Celebrity special and a Kids special (the kids hit the golf balls, but a parent undertakes the challenge), with both due to run at series’ conclusion.

EDIT: finally had time to read the press release posted by TV Cynic earlier this week, and was surprised to see Michelle Cowan’s name in player profiles. She was the inaugural coach of Fremantle’s AFLW team and is now an assistant coach for West Coast Eagles’ AFLW side. Let’s see how good she is playing mini golf.

3 Likes

Airing in NZ on Three from Feb 8th.

Three must be confident of the show’s success across the ditch.

thought this might get removed from the Perth lockdown thread and perhaps even if tongue in cheek safer placed here

Well, Holey Moley gonna go big now in Perth tomorrow night! :wink:

1 Like