Hoges: The Paul Hogan Story

Premieres Sunday week (February 12) according to a promo aired tonight. That means part 2 will probably be up against the Australia-Sri Lanka Twenty/20 cricket match in all states except WA on February 19, which will affect the episode’s ratings.

1 Like

@JohnsonTV also noticed promo this afternoon saying Sunday week after MKR.
Actually looking forward to watching this,the promo’s have been great .

and also up against 24: Legacy on Ten

As if that would matter.

6 Likes

I predict the new season of Midsomer Murders on ABC on that Sunday night will rate better than 24:Legacy on Ten.

2 Likes

Not sure. Surely it gives it some sort of advantage. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, more likely. :slight_smile:

Probably in total people, but not in key advertising demographics where ABC will be fourth.

This biopic doesn’t look to as true a telling as other recent ones. Not sure why it had to be sanitised.

had Seven still owned the rights to 24, 24: Legacy would be on midnight on random days whenever they feel like it!

1 Like

Yes, because it rates horribly.

1 Like

Having seen the promo countless times, I’m not convinced of the lead’s ability to pull it off.
Samuel Johnston did a brilliant job of Molly but the actor here seems fake and forced. I’m hoping not.
Justine Clarke is always good to watch so hopefully the direction and story can make up for any deficiencies.
See how it goes. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

They covered most of his life and career in part one. Doesn’t seem like much is left for part two.

The bad wig was just the start

Struggling to overcome the fact that Hoges didn’t look like Hoges was just the start.

The procession of bad hair, make-up and casting added Kerry Packer, Dustin Hoffman and Aussie cricketers Dennis Lillee, Rod Marsh and Greg Chappell to the list of bungled lookalikes.

:grinning:

I watched both episodes and felt it was average. Why did the storyline end with Hogan’s appearance at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and not cover his battle with the Australian Tax Office and his recent divorce with Linda Kozlowski?
The producers did the best to re-create Hogan’s American appearances, but if you look closely you can notice the city’s skyline and the buildings at South Bank.
Justine Clarke (Noelene) and Ryan Corr (John Cornell) were really the stars of the show.
According to yesterday’s Sunday Mail, Hogan’s granddaughter Mylee (Seven News reporter) appeared in a cameo, sitting in an audience behind the actor who plays her father, after being offered a role during a visit to the set last year.

I didn’t know how they were going to drag out his career making a few movies into two hours and I was right the second part was boring as hell. I think the whole story could have been done better as a two hour movie.

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:34, topic:1350”]
Justine Clarke (Noelene) and Ryan Corr (John Cornell) were really the stars of the show. [/quote]
I agree with that and I also thought Sean Keenan and Marny Kennedy who played Young Hoges and Young Noelene were also standout performances. They could have had more of that period of his life and it would have been great.