HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

TVNZ 1 now confirms that they have scrapped all of its primetime programming that was gonna show tonight and will be a full day of continuing coverage of her passing until the early hours of Saturday morning,

2 Likes

Are we expecting all networks (here) to go straight through with rolling coverage to 6pm?

1 Like

ABC, Nine and Seven probably, 10, doubtful.

2 Likes

One of those “where were you when” moments in your life. The end of an era

15 Likes

ABC Local Radio has gone national this morning with Virginia Trioli hosting.

Edit: Sorry, this was already mentioned. Thanks @Petarkco.

1 Like

Channel 7 tv guide now advises:

Sunrise until 12pm
12pm-4pm Breaking News
4pm-6pm 7 News

9 Likes

Looks like The Today Show will be finishing up at 12PM then Nine News rolling coverage of the Queen’s death.

4 Likes

Anderson Cooper on CNN

2 Likes
7 Likes

TVNZ 1’s schedule for the rest of the day (September 9th):

12pm-4pm: 1 News Special
4pm-4:30pm: Te Karere
4:30pm-6pm: 1 News Special
6pm-7pm: 1 News at Six (special bulletin)
7pm-midnight: 1 News Special

Seven Sharp will not air tonight due to rolling coverage.

4 Likes

Melbourne had Sammy J and Virginia when I turned on at 6:45, very sombre mood.

2 Likes

Why are the breakfast shows still going? I feel like this is the one time when the morning shows are adequately qualified to cover the breaking news.

1 Like

Definitely not.

2 Likes

what a nice respectful thing that nrl are doing a minute silence

5 Likes

But a huge kudos for 7 & 9 for finishing at 12.
Plus, I think they wanted to be LIVE in the West Coast.

5 Likes

Random question… is there a place in Sydney I can buy prints of UK papers? Would like to read the UK papers and keep them for future generations.

Cheers.

1 Like

Slightly different situation here. When Prince Phillip died, it was during broadcasts of AFL/NRL matches, as the Queen’s passing doesn’t clash with these events, I doubt programming will be affected too much. Especially for the AFL tonight given tonight is a Semi-Final and it will rate well for 7 on the main channel.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Good idea.

I’m in Melbourne and have tried multiple places to get a copy of the Herald Sun but I’ve only been able to get the early edition which was before she passed away. I’ve inherited my mother’s paper collection which go back to when King George passed away, so I want to add to this collection.

5 Likes

A nice touch. The AFL will follow suit too

2 Likes