HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

I think what we are about to see will be something we have never seen before. The coverage, the scenes you’ll see outside Buckingham Palace and the funeral will be huge.

Apparently all digital screens in London including screens at bus shelters have photos of her. It’s huge.

3 Likes

4 Likes

10 News Breakfast ended

Studio 10 branding now on 10 using the desk.

SBS went to Indian news at 8am

2 Likes

Does anyone know is Tracey VO and Leila were already in Europe or did they fly them over late last night?

@MBB Tracy was in London for a few weeks now.

2 Likes

When I tuned into radio this morning, I heard rolling coverage on ABC News Radio while Nova, Fox and KIIS 1011 were all in somber mood, and invited listeners to call in to leave tributes. Obviously there is a protocol for logs when such a big occasion occurs, but that’s for another topic.

Herald Sun has posted the front page of the 6am special edition on social media.

1 Like

ABC Local Radio is running a national program until 12pm hosted by Virginia Trioli and on RadioNational and Radio Australia it’s PK.

2 Likes

Such a beautiful tribute this morning on
the Today Show.

8 Likes

@MBB Lelia was in Europe for a Family Wedding

6 Likes

As is Charles for a holiday. Very lucky for Nine to have them over there at this time!

2 Likes

All of News Corps capital city front pages are identical this morning.

1 Like

I like the Surnise presentation backdrops.

Today did a slideshow of images of the Queen and also Phillip to “we’ll meet again”

Was quite lovely

6 Likes

Charles Croucher, Leila McKinnon and Tracy Vo in London for Nine.

9 Likes

I have a feeling NRL and AFL will be moved to 9Gem and 7mate for news coverage in all states. If I am correct that is what happened last time when Prince Phillip died.

1 Like

The Today Show has extended their coverage past 9am in the East Coast. West Coast joining them.

1 Like

ABC watermark

Post 9am coverage

5 Likes

any word if any Foxtel channels have changed their schedules or are simulcasting Sky News?

1 Like
3 Likes

All the Foxtel channels I just flicked onto just now are showing as normal, no simulcast.

Terrible news to wake up to. RIP HM QE II.

Saw it coming last night after the news of her family travelling to the palace.

10 Likes