HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

Channel 9 Sydney currently simulcasting Sky News UK

1 Like

Channel 9 as of right now

1 Like

Tracey Grimshaw and Peter Overton on air from 3pm (AEST) tomorrow (6am London), six hours before the funeral gets under way at Westminster Abbey.

1 Like

Do we think midday to 3 will be hosted from
Sydney on 7 and 9?

1 Like

Most likely from Sydney with correspondents in the UK

1 Like

Yep. I’m quite happy with the quality provided by the Australian networks.

1 Like

The Sky News UK coverage is sort of obnoxious to watch sometimes

On 9 it will be from Sydney with David Campbell and Georgie Gardner.

1 Like

This is what Nine provider earlier

Nine’s rolling coverage begins in front of Buckingham Palace at 5.00am with Today hosted by Karl Stefanovic and Allison Langdon, followed by Today Extra hosted by David Campbell and Sylvia Jeffreys at 9.00am.

From midday, Georgie Gardner and David Campbell will mark the end of our longest reigning monarch with three hours of coverage honouring The Queen’s amazing life.

At 3.00pm we will return to the UK where Tracy Grimshaw, Peter Overton, Karl Stefanovic and Allison Langdon will lead our coverage from Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and across the UK as the country wakes up on this historic day.

Special state-based editions of 9News will be broadcast from 6.00pm (5.30pm Adelaide, 4.00pm Perth), before we return to England at 7.00pm and roll right through the evening, featuring coverage from the BBC headed by the world’s pre-eminent royal expert Huw Edwards.

4 Likes

Huw Edwards is undoubtedly the UK’s number 1 newsreader (and last week was his finest moment) but “royal expert” is not how anyone would describe him, though he sure knows his stuff.

I’m guessing Seven/Nine will do their own things around the funeral but join the BBC or ITV commentary for the official portion of events - i.e. the three processions and the two services.

3 Likes

Seven’s overnight had a CNN program not related to the Queen’s death at 2.30am then live coverage started with Sky at 3am. Then at 4am was NBC Today. Sunrise started at 4:56am to allow time to cover the 5am one minute’s silence held in the UK. Sam Mac was back with weather. First local news was at 5.37am

4 Likes

Nine’s live overnight coverage started around 3am from Sky continuing through to Today. They lost the feed around 4.30 when there was a black screen fro over a minute, switching to BBC World (SD) for a few minutes before returning to Sky. Today started with headlines at 5:00:30 after showing about 30 seconds of the minute’s silence via Sky.

2 Likes

Sandra needs a lapel microphone. She is hosting. Not a roving reporter.

2 Likes

1 Like

So Nat and Kochie hosted Sunrise, but will also host the funeral coverage tonight? Has that ever happened before? Two programs at opposite ends of the day!

I know newsreaders have done Sunrise news then 6pm in their respective states, but not the actual hosts.

2 Likes
1 Like

Kochie and Nat signed off from London at 9:30am to get some sleep and return later today; with The Morning Show taking over. On Nine, Today show branding continued all morning so far despite a change of hosts. Angela in London doing multiple reports for Studio 10.

2 Likes

If only :cry:

1 Like

Is someone going to record the opener on 7 and 9 at 12pm?

2 Likes

I could be persuaded to :wink:

4 Likes