HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

Today live into Adelaide

5 Likes

4:30 AM

7 Likes

I note at the start of their coverage that Simon Dallow had a pre-recorded intro that Queen Elizabeth has died and continuing live coverage. I’ve recorded the intro so I’ll hopefully have it up soon.

3 Likes

10 repeated their pre-recorded announcement with Sandra Sully.

1 Like

Whilst other news services were reporting on her death, within 10 minutes ITV began a long one on one in studio discussion on succession, removal of her body and funeral.

A surreal contrast.

1 Like

Seven’s coverage from the announcement on Sky News - local News Flash @ 3:40 in the video.

ABC - couldn’t get the link to London to work at the start; still having trouble during News Breakfast.

SBS now taking DW programming

6 Likes

10 will have rolling coverage from 6:00 AM

5 Likes

Nine’s break into programming

10’s

7 Likes

6:00 AM

9 Likes

Mary Gearin and David Speers joining Michael and Lisa in the studio.

4 Likes

Here was how New Zealand broke the news on TVNZ 1 and Three.

7 Likes

PM address

6 Likes

Charlotte Goodlet swapped out for Sarah Harris to anchor the coverage. 10 as usual is bland because they have no team.

Their planned reporting is good. Obviously prepared months and months ago.

6 Likes

Jumping ahead a bit. It was mentioned on Sunrise that funeral was to be in 10 days that is a Sunday which would be unlikely - so possibly on the Saturday or less likely Monday.

TVNZ 1 has suspended programs all day (now until the 6pm news) to report on the passing of HM Queen Elizabeth II.

3 Likes

Will most likely be the Saturday - that tends to be when the big Royal Funerals takes place.

1 Like

3 Likes

That “The Queen is Dead” banner looks a bit abrupt. I think they need to change that to “The Queen has Died”.

13 Likes

Three is now airing live ITV Coverage.

3 Likes

SBS switched to Al Jazeera for a while and is now showing BBC extended News at 10

2 Likes