HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

I think Ch7 will continue for a while just in case any more news breaks overnight.

I know it’s inevitable, but I’m not ready for this. Not yet.

17 Likes

ABC News continuing with regular programming:

4 Likes

BBC on-air presenters have changed into black attire.

No way they’re going to let themselves be caught out again.

Peter Sissons and the BBC were caned by the public over him wearing a burgundy tie and a blue/lavender shirt during the death announcement of the Queen Mother.

The BBC (and presumably others) have had emergency black and white attire on permanent standby ever since.

5 Likes

The news doesn’t even appear on ABC News’ ticker.
This is the first headline…

2 Likes

ABC opened their late news with the story, read from paper. They then presented another report and went back to the story when they were a bit more prepared, crossing to London.

4 Likes

Channel 7 being the only one with rolling coverage is pretty poor, despite the fact it’s almost 12am on the east coast.

ABC News Channel not even having a breaking news ticker is indefensible. Surely they can take the BBC News feed earlier rather than running an irrelevant 7.30 from four hours ago?

11 Likes

7 is leaving the rest of the networks for dust. Doing an exceptional job and it hasn’t been very repititive.

Pathetic coverage from our free to air 24 hour public broadcaster news channel.

Surprised 9 abandoned coverage as they did.

14 Likes

I don’t think rolling is required yet. There’s no real news other then she’s not in the best health and the family is with her. If there’s bigger news I’m sure they’ll go live.

6 Likes

They did until 1130 and dropped The Drum for an extended edition of The World (or may have been a separate bulletin, I did miss the beginning).

The Drum was dropped.

1 Like

ABC News at midnight with headline and pre-recorded interview

4 Likes

BBC Radio 2 is surreal listening. Everything is normal, cheery with Steve Wright’s show. But then it hits the top of the hour and the news is very carefully scripted. News bulletins at 1, 2 and 3pm UK time have been essentially reading out the statement, a brief story then the rest of the day’s news. Then back to music like history isn’t unfolding.

They’ve wheeled out Huw Edwards for BBC News. Pretty much confirms we can expect some historic news heading into 6pm UK time. Talk is that’s when any announcement is made in Operation London Bridge.

10 Likes

In another 3 hours?

Guess so. That’s the speculation.

The BBC is giving off very “when, not if” vibes.

7 Likes

I’m not sure how you recover from this…

20 Likes

For some reason, Perth is airing the previously recorded version of The Latest instead of going to rolling international coverage, which they indicated would happen after their own coverage concluded.

3 Likes

The Latest finishes at 12:32 and CNN now - but the initial stories are not related to the Queen’s health.

“Back with our own reporters if any major developments.”

3 Likes

Seven switched their CNN feed midstory when none of the reports were relevant. Now an SD feed with some issues - 7 News watermark is gone and several glitches seen; includes CNN promos.

3 Likes

Sky News (both Foxtel and Regional feeds) was rolling since 10.30pm with coverage from Sky News UK. Breaking News tickers up since 9.45pm.

Piers Morgan and Business Now dropped.

Who is the female journalist? She looks very familiar.

Seven switched feeds again mid CNN promo back to the HD feed.

1 Like