HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

Sky News Australia giving us an insight into the global news coverage of the Queen’s death. Certainly the biggest news event in a generation.

7 Likes

Nine’s coverage of the Funeral will commence at 12 midday on Monday 19.

Join Tracy Grimshaw, Peter Overton, Karl Stefanovic and Allison Langdon for complete coverage of the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II, live from London.

2 Likes

Will the Today show be extended till 12 next Monday @TV.Cynic

No - full schedule coming up in the Nine Schedule area as the whole week is impacted.

1 Like

The Setup of Nine Network/Today Show Australia.

7 Likes

Nine Schedule

3 Likes

I can understand doing buildup coverage from 3pm AEST since it’ll be 6am in the UK and there’ll be things/events that can be covered across the afternoon before the formal pre-funeral proceedings begin. However, beginning the buildup from 12pm AEST is too excessive - especially if it’ll be rolling coverage.

6 Likes

Nick McKenzie and Sarah Abo talking to Amelia Adams in London, during Nine’s 2023 upfronts in Sydney’s Luna Park today. Amelia mentions about the logistics of Nine’s coverage of the funeral of the Queen.

4 Likes

Further radio coverage from the 8th, including some of the UK’s biggest radio networks:

6 Likes

Tracy Grimshaw hosting the final journey for the queen tonight at 9:40.

Great they have sent her over in the last part of her hosting role in ACA

7 Likes

10 have listed the funeral for 10 Bold starting at 8pm until 10 pm with an lead in from The Project simulcast from 6:30 extending to 8pm. Normal schedule on main channel.

3 Likes

Angla Cox in Sydney with other national stories with Michael Usher on the ground in London covering the march.

7 Likes

I think we’ve all forgotten how good Tracy actually is when she’s not behind a desk presenting questionable stories. Quality operator.

9 Likes

A minor thing, I know, but I notice that 7 have “GMT” listed next to the London time at the top, which is actually incorrect, as London is on Daylight Saving now, so it should be “BST”.

No one would notice or care, but worth mentioning anyway

10 Likes

9News seem to have their facts wrong, saying things like something like the Queen’s final journey hasn’t happened since Diana’s funeral. I see Philip never existed to them.

Nice graphics on Nine’s coverage tonight.

7 Likes

Perth coverage doesn’t start till 8.40 pm WST

1 Like

Philip didn’t have a huge processional through central London, he was driven down the driveway at Windsor Castle.

3 Likes

ABC News Channel taking BBC coverage (via BBC World News) tonight. I really don’t know why they haven’t done this for the previous nights instead of sticking to their normal schedule.

Coverage on Seven and Nine look to be delayed again into Perth tonight.

Correction: Coverage is live in Perth on 9Gem, will switch over to Nine in around an hour.

4 Likes

7 Perth live coverage stats at 8.40
The final journey from Buckingham palace starts at 9.22 pm Perth time.