HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

The Australian clutching at straws to have a gripe at the ABC and/or Labor, no doubt. If the article is from Ms Elsworth, I’m surprised she hasn’t tried to blame it on Daniel Andrews.

4 Likes

This may be a bit irrelevant but did anyone notice when King Charles was doing the walk around the crowd outside Buckingham Palace, the day after the Queen had died? Towards the end, there was a media outlet (unknown) in the crowd on the barrier with a camera and microphone trying to interview the King.

1 Like

I think so… as it was being broadcast live on every channel around the world. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have a feeling that this week Nine/Seven will send up all main anchors to London. Ten already have with the exclusion of Narelda Jacobs.

Yeah I noticed that. There were a few paps in the crowd too. I remember the security detail telling people “phones down please, enjoy the moment” and everyone surprisingly complied, until the King passed them then it was out with the phones and cameras.

You have to remember that not all monarchs have been so open and interactive with the public. Queen Elizabeth changed this and it’s good to see the King continuing with it.

6 Likes

CNN international this afternoon Perth time

1 Like

Looks like Norwegian station VG TV - security gently pushed the mic away.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Yes. Check out Sandra Sully and/or Jennifer Keyte’s Instagram.

1 Like

You can hear Sandra in the background of Jens cross. Must be all sharing the same small space :rofl:

Jen also reading off her notes it seems too

1 Like

I posted it here this morning

Yes it seems like they are side by side.

Same with Sandra - you can hear Jennifer. They were word for word towards the start.

3 Likes

I was referring to the marquee. They both showed 10s set up an hour or so ago.

1 Like

Rolling coverage overload tonight

4 Likes

You can hear the audio overlap in the opening here.

1 Like

From Nine’s news & current affairs director
Darren Wick via Mediaweek.

5 Likes

Nine only has to look to Ten to see the stupidity of sending 6pm news anchors from multiple states. Surely one nationally known presenter will suffice for news regarding the royals. Ten can’t present a locally produced bulletin in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth but can send two readers to London to parrot the exact same script. It makes zero sense. Perhaps they should’ve done what Seven used to do with presentation from big news events- team up the Sydney and Melbourne presenters. You can bet Canada isn’t sending readers from every local market in the country to cover this.

12 Likes

“The broadcaster considered sending over a 6pm news anchor”

I would assume Peter Overton, Melissa Downes and Kate Collins would go over. Andrew Lofthouse and Brenton Ragless would stay behind to read the rest of the days news. Unfortunately Perth and Melbourne would either miss out or send over Tracy Vo/Alicia Loxley.

Tracy Vo is already over there.

2 Likes