HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

No ACA due to NRL.

2 Likes

Surely Nine will change the schedule around a bit, at least in Melbourne?

2 Likes

Im pretty sure its widely known and acknowledged already, but how good is Hugh Whitfeld. His coverage and reports on 7 have been outstanding.

9 Likes

Coverage continuing tomorrow from 7am with a 1News Special followed by BBC News coverage

1 Like

I haven’t seen if this has already been announced… but I would be shocked if the NRL still aired on the main channel tonight.

2 Likes

tv tonight has posted this

From midday until 3.00pm, Sylvia Jeffreys, David Cambbell and Jayne Azzopardi will be joined by a roll-call of royal experts and prominent political figures as we look back on a reign that prevailed across 70 years and 214 days and saw the appointment of 16 Australian Prime Ministers.

Georgie Gardner and Tom Steinfort will take over hosting duties from 3.00pm until 6.00pm, just as Britain wakes to its first full day with King Charles III as its new ruler.

At 6.00pm, state-based editions of 9News will cross to our team of correspondents at Buckingham Palace and across the UK as we gauge the mood of a world grieving the death of Her Majesty.

Tracy Grimshaw will present a special one-hour edition of A Current Affair at 7.00pm (on 9Gem in NSW and QLD, with Victoria moving to 9Gem at 7.30pm due to NRL Finals coverage).

From 8.00pm until midnight, Sarah Abo and Peter Overton will continue to host our rolling coverage on Channel 9 and 9Gem and will take a look around the globe at the outpouring of love and tributes for Queen Elizabeth II (NRL coverage will be broadcast on Channel 9 in NSW, QLD and Victoria).

Dougal Beatty and Davina Smith will broadcast from midnight until 5.00am Saturday.

An extended special edition of Weekend Today will then air until midday Saturday, hosted by Karl Stefanovic and Allison Langdon. Joining them will be a host of royal experts including Camilla Tominey and Dickie Arbiter.

From midday Saturday, Sylvia Jeffreys and David Campbell will take over hosting duties for the afternoon.

20 Likes

Wow. Nine going non stop coverage until at least 7.30pm tomorrow night.

9 Likes

They could do some kind of extended coverage on one of the multie channels if they wanted to. They’ve done this before.

Has UK TV had anthing?

1 Like

SBS is now airing a special edition of SBS World News (from 12pm)

1 Like

I had woken up to a news alert on my iphone this morning. Very sad, but 96 is such a great run. She achieved a lot and saw so much losses, pain and recently with the loss of Prince Phillip. I hope Megan Markle does not interrupt this time of mourning for her agenda.

6 Likes

The AFL has announced that a minute’s silence will be observed before the Australian national anthem at this evening and tomorrow’s semi finals at the MCG, and flags will be flown at half-mast. A minute’s silence will also be observed before all AFLW and VFL matches this weekend.

6 Likes

That a massive line up for rolling news by Nine News. I wonder if Seven will go throughout the night?

6 Likes

They almost have to if 9 is. Angela Cox also blew 9 out of the water last night, so they’ve already established themselves as committed to go all out on this.

9 Likes

Accurate, as I said in ‘The Latest’, Angela smashed it last night. Nine playing catch up is obvious with the extensions of programming.

1 Like

There is plenty of content to go throughout the night if they need too.

1 Like

Assuming they follow similar timeframes for the Duke’s funeral, should be 8-12am local time here. Certainly will be one of the biggest moments of this generation. I hope all sports is not on for the evening of this day.

3 Likes

Is Studio 10 or 10 News still going?

Brian Nankervis and Jacinta Parsons hosted national afternoons from 12.30pm on ABC Local Radio, before Josh Szeps took over from 1pm.

1 Like

Robert Penfold joining the Nine News Coverage

3 Likes