HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- Funeral Coverage

I’m confused too… as other sites are also stating a Seven win.

The combined ABC + News Channel audience was over a million

4 Likes

The service at Windsor Castle was beautiful. So emotional when her casket was lowered into the vault. Tears all round I expect.

1 Like

And also quality wise.

KAK is that you??

1 Like

I called win for ABC’s coverage based on being number one in all time slots coded for its simulcast on ABC + ABC News. Seven won the night in network share it seems largely due to having a higher rating news.

Funeral
ABC Total 1,070,000
Seven 975,000
Nine 879,000
Late
ABC Total 629,000
Seven 525,000
Nine 332,000
Day
ABC Total 366,000
Seven 243,000
Nine 232,000

Seven and Nine had a coding for Procession that ABC didn’t.

Update - More numbers:

16 Likes

great breakdown… thank you

2 Likes

Update - just ran similar numbers for regionals where ABC won the Funeral, Late and Day codings - once again not all codings matched - but ABC was well clear in all.

1 Like

I don’t know about anyone else but this was defiantly the longest running time I’ve ever seen FTA go without running commercials.

3 Likes

What’s the point of sending her over then if she isn’t sticking around for the main event?

2 Likes

Peter Overton is copping it hard from Newscorp.

World loses it over Aussie funeral gaffe: An awkward mistake during Nine’s live coverage of the Queen’s funeral last night has gained worldwide attention.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/world-reacts-to-gaffe-during-australian-coverage-of-queens-funeral/news-story/b79fb56a99023753a696e49fb8d61d83

ABC did well with the funeral for ratings despite the criticism it copped

I’m really surprised that ABC took the top spot. Thought it would be the other three FTA Networks

Says it all really.

3 Likes

I’ve written a short article to list some of the other codings for the funeral - not all obvious what some refer to.

3 Likes

But it seems the funeral will be near the top of the list of TV events this century. The AFL GF is to come and with Sydney participating it is likely to hit 4 million but not as much as the funeral.

4 Likes

I was just pointing out she was Queen of more than just England.

Is it known if Dickie (Nine’s guest) was invited to the funeral? Or did Nine just offer too much money for him to watch it with them?

Sydney in the GF will mean huge ratings

1 Like

It was such a turn off when he mentioned Fergie and the toe sucking incident. There is a time and a place and this certainly wasn’t it.