Hit Network

I know I might be in the minority here but I’ve been listening to 2DAY quite a bit over the last few weeks and personally I think they’ve been sounding brilliant music wise.

The music mix is awesome (yes, they flog new songs but that’s normal) and seem to be playing a lot more newer music than the other stations and different new songs as well. The old ones they are playing a varied and not the same ones you’d hear on the Radio all the time.

If they can keep this up heading into next year then I think they’ll pinch a few listeners, especially from Nova.

6 Likes

To blow up Mix would be pretty crazy

And yet …

2 Likes

“2DayFM commits to giving the new breakfast show at least two years”

Lol.

Rotfl.

Lmao.

12 Likes

Dog years.

6 Likes

0.2 years?

3 Likes

2 Years for " 2Day FM Morning Crew not for the line up if it doesn’t work.

4 Likes

To be fair they stuck with Em Rusciano for nearly 2 years. For the whole period SCA didn’t sack anyone. Harley Breen left because he hated commercial radio. Producer after producer left because they hated Em. And then Em left because she was over it and had a breakdown. The resulting show, Ed, Grant and Ash was really just a show of people filling in for someone else so was never going far.

4 Likes

They just say that for the press release so they can go to market and try to sell it.

Eventually 9 will give Erin an ultimatum and she’ll move onto Weekend Today or weekday 6pm sport. Hughsey will leave “to spend more time with family” and Ed will be left to anchor whoever else SCA can slap together last minute.

4 Likes

Oh, I love that one. Most roll that one out, either as an indication that they’re being pushed, or that they’ve had enough of where they are and will show up on a competing station the following year. Take Dean Clairs from Mix 94.5 for example (he used that excuse). I am 99% sure he will end up on 96FM next year.

6 Likes

What are you thinking for Clairsy?

Breakfast with Fred and Lisa, or a local drive show?

2 Likes

Either/or to be honest. I would be surprised if they continue with Will & Woody any longer than they have to. I think Gary Roberts will slowly pull together the old team from his time at 94.5. He’s already got Fred & Lisa, and Russell Clarke.

They should team Clairsy and Ian Blackley up. They don’t have a fallback breakfast team yet, and Fred Botica won’t be there for ever. Team them up for Perth’s only local drive show, with an eventual move to breakfast.

4 Likes

MC and Ellie are getting screwed over next year.

MC working 3 days and Elly 4 days.

2 Likes

I’m working 6 days a week as I host Weekend Breakfast on Hit 104.7 Canberra plus do a bunch of stuff at 2Day. I am a very busy bee :grinning:

19 Likes

That’s good! Good luck and hope it all goes well.

2 Likes

My god, what a ride you’ve been on all these years!! I reckon you’ve experienced every emotion there possibly could be doing your gig. Congrats on your longevity in this insane game.
Macca Mcphee says g’day!
Rob

4 Likes

I rarely listen to the radio anymore and only found out about the changes that occurred to 92.9 yesterday lol.

But I agree, when I tuned in yesterday these changes were so confusing. Perhaps they have done more damage to their brand than any good…

5 Likes

Just quietly, Hit Dance isn’t the worst thing going around. Playlist really not too bad - could be a bit more up to date, and a few mixes wouldn’t go astray, but I appreciate them putting a Dance station out there

5 Likes

Shame the digital stations are much better than the regular stations. Big fan of the Oldskool 90s channel.

10 Likes

Brad Wood hosting Summer Nights.

3 Likes

Nic Kelly back on the Hit Network, 2-6pm on B105 (presumably via Sydney)

2 Likes