Hit Network

Much more music :slight_smile:

NX is confirmed to be Hit 1069… no word on KO but I would doubt it will change

2 Likes

I once heard it said that Triple M stands for Muir Muir Muir.

Makes sense.

Muir’s Money Machine

1 Like

Where was this confirmed?

If NX does become Hit then the Australian radio scene just became whole lot blander.

I wonder if SCA were to take over google - would they rename it “search”?
Or if they bought out eBay - would it become “auction”?
Would Amazon become “book”?

Well they didn’t rebrand their TV stations as “TV” so your argument is flawed. I feel they are trying to create a national network… Yes it will probably mean Jobs will go at some point. But it is the same strategy they gave gone with Nine in relation to creating a national Nine Brand. Nobody complaining there about TV becoming bland.

In my workplace.

2 Likes

not if.

In the next couple of months it is Hit 106.9

2 Likes

Hit: To slap, punch, damage, hurt ,ruin, thump, smack, welt, flog, to cause harm or distress to something.

Thats from the Oxford.

From Urban Dictionary, hit means “to have sex with or to f*** something”. For example, “I would hit on that” or “I’d hit it”

Hit is the most interesting of words.

2 Likes

Or as the intended meaning.

Hit: - a successful venture, especially a film, pop record, or song.
- a successful and popular person or thing.

Which has a lot more to do with radio and music than KIIS ever has.

3 Likes

And yet there are more versions of the KIIS or KISS brand name around the world in radio than Hit.

Yet - KIIS owns the KIIS brand.

The Hit Network does not own the word Hit.

And that’s what’s amazing. Nova’s Fresh Hits. KIIS non-stop hits.

And any station could pick up the branding of Hot Hits, Smash Hits or Hit Energy.

1 Like

Yeah. Let’s be sheep and follow what everyone else does. :rolling_eyes: baa! :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yes. They once were innovators rather than an imitators. Sadly, Nova, Hit and Kiis are so same same these days that it’s often difficult to tell which station you’re listening to, when you flick around the dial.

3 Likes

Does anyone else read this from RadioToday as both 2Day and Fox WILL be rebranding to ‘Hit’ by 15 December?

2 Likes

Hoepfully @Plonko can shed some light, but I would expect that they will keep their Fox/2Day branding as has been the case for the past 2 years. At the very least I would expect that logos and on air id’s to keep the brands, but possibly with the reintroduction of of “hit 101.9 The Fox” etc ids on air.

The press release seems to focus on the regional stations, and makes no mention of mix94.5 and Mix Canberra, despite naming all of the other stations on the transitional list, so I’m thinking that they won’t be touching the metro stations in this round.

1 Like

One would really like to hope that SCA still remembers the failed “Hit 104.1 2DayFM/Hit 101.9 Fox FM” transitioning rebrands and won’t go down that road again.

Personally, I wouldn’t be too surprised to see the 2DayFM and Fox FM brands continue to be used (and possibly even outlive the current “Hit Network” branding) for many years to come.

2 Likes

Both Mix’s are on the transitional.

From what I understand, FOX and 2DAY are standalones.

1 Like