Hit Network

What day does it get released?

Saturday evenings.

1 Like

Today marks the last day of Take 40 Australia which has been running for 32 years. I wonder what they have in store for the last show, if anything?

Osher spoke about his time hosting the show taking over from Barry Bissell on hit105 yesterday.

3 Likes

Take 40 has just finished for the last time on the H!t network :sob:

Barry Bissell introduced the final song (which was Coolio’s “Gangsta’s Paradise” as it was the longest running no.1 ever on Take 40).

8 Likes

So many memories listening to the final show on 2Day FM today. :sob:

One would think Ash London would be returning to the Hit30 then, especially considering she’ll be hosting the Take 40 replacement Vevo 20 Countdown with Angus O’Loughlin from next week.

Good to hear, Emma’s never fit in properly at Hit, she seems more suited to the sports world at MMM.

4 Likes

I guess Take 20 sounded too ‘old-hat’

3 Likes

I bet it doesn’t last 32 years!! :frowning:

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the “Vevo 20 Countdown” doesn’t even last 32 months before being axed/relaunched due to a licencing agreement that doesn’t get renewed (similar to what happened with the Shazam Top 20)!

1 Like

I would love it if one of Sydney’s many hit music radio stations did a Top 20 countdown on a Sunday afternoon - a commercial free countdown with not too much talk. Is that too much to ask for? Just the hits. All 20 of them. Non-stop. Ad-free. 100% Top 20.

3 Likes

In Part Two of our CEO Roundtable Revisited with Grant Blackley, we talk media law reform where he says "it is somewhat academic”. While Grant’s position is clear, does he expect to see a major shift in the ownership of media groups?

“I do not see this turning into a wave of corporate activity”

We discuss the Digital space, what it means for SCA and how does Grant define it? He has set the challenge, “How do we transition audiences to new devices with mainstream media and new media and how do we monetize their attention?” And we talk about the recent Vevo and Authentic Entertainment acquisition and how they will leverage the brand.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but SCA have refreshed the Scoopla brand with a new look and added icons for the associated pages on its website scoopla.com

Jules Lund is filling in for Dan Debuf this weekend.

The Australian speculating that Hamish and Andy may have less airtime next year, may do a prerecorded program, or be replaced by Ed Kavalee and Abby Coleman out of Sydney, though SCA claims H&A will be back.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/media-diary/andrew-denton-david-gyngell-float-talk-show/news-story/0a356a735e24753c3105650c199da612

The Hit 30 is on from 7-10pm this week while the breakfast shows are on break.

Why don’t they air it 8-11 so they can air the complete countdown again? They don’t have anything important on at 10pm anyway.

That is the same amount of time?

I think @TVHead means on a regular basis running the show until 11pm rather than 10pm as they are only on air from 7pm this week before returning
To 8pm again next week.

Even Angus & Emma joked at the beginning of the show this evening that they don’t have enough time for the full countdown in 2 hours and people having to check Twitter to get all the results.