Hit Network

No changes to Melbourne or Brisbane yet it seems

2 Likes

7 Likes

Well at least they haven’t reverted back to their old logos which is quite cliche. Instead they’re embracing and using their current H logo.

3 Likes

That logo in black and white makes the H looks like a tooth with a giant cavity in it!

8 Likes

The idea of 2DayFM celebrating their 40th birthday…no, just no. Sure, us radio enthusiasts might like the idea but to 2DayFM’s target demographic it would make the station sound daggy and uncool.

Stations like Triple M and WSFM can get away with celebrating such celebratory milestones because there are elements of their histories which current listeners can still relate to. Not sure if I’d be saying the same about 2DayFM when it’s to my understanding that their original format was more comparable to modern day Smooth 95.3, 2CH or 2UE. It wasn’t until around 1990 that 2DayFM started to evolve into the station we know it as now.

5 Likes

This must be a first.

6 Likes

Being tight because the company’s about to go bust?

4 Likes

Hughesy & Ed doing a ‘pop up show’ from 10am-12pm today. It’s a live broadcast, not a best bits show

4 Likes

They’re doing it all week.

2 Likes

This is exactly when networked shows should be on, in the workday and clear the main drive sessions for local teams to bookend the day. That’s in normal circumstances.

In this work from home era, it’s a good way of bringing forward the audience memory to sample them.

All cost saving measures of course.

9 Likes

Not airing in regional markets.

5 Likes

Aaron Rich doing breakfast today on Fox filling-in for Fifi, Fev and Byron

3 Likes

Dave Cameron in Mediaweek. And away you go with the speculation, peeps…

“From a 2Day perspective, the result is one we will continue to get until we re-evaluate the breakfast strategy. We certainly wouldn’t be launching anything right now. You can assume we are looking pretty closely at what the next evolution of 2Day breakfast may look like.

Cameron sounded like he and Hit Network content director Gemma Fordham know what will be next. “But I’m just not going to tell you,” was he harsh response to a plea for more information. “ We have a short list of people that we think could make an impact at the right time.

3 Likes

They could try putting two radio people together without punting them before they’ve had time to bed into the market?

6 Likes

Maybe the next 2DayFM breakfast show will be the one where they finally do something exciting by bringing in some talent from a smaller metro/large regional market looking for their big break in Sydney?

Nah, that’s very wishful thinking. I’m sure it’ll be washed up TV personalities again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It works for Smooth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Considering the results 2Day has been getting since 2014 I am sure you could argue the current breakfast strategy is the best one they have had for some time. They offer something low key and low cost.

Although I would have like to see where the station would be if they perhaps went with Jules Lund and Sophie Monk as a duo and gave them at least 3 years on breakfast.

3 Likes

That’s what they did with Dan and Maz

5 Likes

And arguably where who they came closest to success with.

3 Likes

Don’t believe Dan & Maz are still on radio at all.

3 Likes