Hit Network

You know you’re not the first to say this, right?

Yes mate I do read posts on Media Spy.

Good. It didn’t sound like it. Especially with all that yelling. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Took a look at the 2Day FM stream, and they seem to not be doing the nights as CHR now?

The log from their recently played + listening to it a bit, so probably goes back to ~12:20am 17/1/18

Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake
Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul Feat. The Wild Pair
Beautiful Trauma - Pink
Real World - Matchbox 20
The Way I Are - Timbaland Feat. Keri Hilson And D.O.E.
Take My Breath Away - Berlin
Friends - Justin Bieber Feat. Bloodpop
Cats In The Cradle - Ugly Kid Joe
Suga Suga - Baby Bash

They certainly aren’t afraid of jumping all over the place, the song labels came up a bit before the song started, so I had about 30 seconds to prepare myself for the Bieber to Ugly Kid Joe transition.

1 Like

I love Real World by Matchbox 20 but that’s the second time they played it in 12 hours. I hope they have added more than a couple of dozen songs from the 80s and 90s or this is going to get very boring - very quickly.

1 Like

With all due respect, radio being ‘live and local’ is a different argument to ‘the demographics are the same so Melbourne is the same’. Overall, good content is what makes successful radio.

Gippsland is a different market again. Regional stations tend to need to be even more local, especially those that have crossover with other markets. Each radio market around the country is unique, even though there may be evident similarities between some. Sydney and Melbourne are not the same market, even if the demographics are the same.

I 100% agree - though not in a Melbourne way. Having lived in both markets, I feel Sydney-siders are much more forgiving of Melbournians on their radio as long as the content is still relevant whilst Melbournians would be much quicker to turn off a Sydney-based show because it’s based in Sydney regardless of content.

As far as I can tell, the local content could be the struggle as it seems the 2DAY breakfast guys couldn’t get any info about Sydney train delays…

1 Like

But then again the old format had them playing some songs every three or four hours so this is still an improvement.

1 Like

Been listening online, don’t mind the vibe they have at the moment with the change in music… I have also noticed that I am yet to hear any commercials… Are they not playing any??

1 Like

Wow 2Day FM just played Lightning Crashes by Live. The last time I heard Live on 2Day was on Ugly Phil’s Hot 30 many years ago. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah they do have commercials but it appears they just seem to play them in a block once an hour at the moment.

Never more than 2 ads in a row

1 Like

Huh? Is that actually going to be a thing for 2Day?

Nope, it was a joke.

Never more than one ad break an hour…I like it!

I remember them doing “add free 50’s” a few years ago, so it’s nothing new really.

3 Likes

In relation to 2day fm going down a more AC line, the station formally known as B105 did this around 2005-2006 after Nova 106.9 launched.

B105 was behind 97.3 and Nova 106.9 in the ratings so went AC in format. I remember hearing Night fever by the Bee Gees, What a feeling Irene Cara, Echo Beach etc. I think SA Fm may have done the same. Obviously these formats did not stay in place as each station became Hit.

2 Likes

They were all in Sydney this morning

1 Like

Where’s the proof?

Facebook videos, instagram etc. plenty of proof. They were all together yesterday too.

3 Likes

That’s def the Sydney studio.

3 Likes