HD Broadcasting

I’d be taking what admin staff say with a grain of salt. They are generally the last to know about technical details like this.

4 Likes

If this change is once again temporary, then I’m honestly glad I live in Regional QLD.

At least here 7 is just sticking with the status quo instead of this continuous chopping and changing of the HD channel.

Of course, if it’s permanent, I hope QLD is included, but I’d rather they not change anything here until it’s permanent

1 Like

IF there was any logic to what Seven are doing, the HD switch would have happened as soon as the AFL grand final siren sounded or at least midnight that night. Then the various racing and golf events up to now would have benefited.

3 Likes

Probably to get it up and running before Christmas so they have enough staff around if there are problems with the switch.

they have done it before with the Olympics, so you’d think there shouldn’t be any issues…

The ‘Summer Of Tennis’ starts on Jan 1 so early switch prahaps?

2 Likes

HD for the Australian Open until 29 January.

At least we can see the Sydney-Hobart yacht race, Perth Skyworks on Australia Day as well as the Gold Coast Magic Millions in HD.

Yeah I had a feeling it’s only for the Aus open :smile:

Seven just flicked the switch. 7HD has returned to Sydney.

The last frame of 7mateHD:

The switch in video form:

10 Likes

I told everyone the switch would be 12am & not 2am…

Still got 3 hrs to go in wa :grin:

1 Like

Yay! Now somebody break that switch so they can’t flick it back.

7 Likes

I can’t believe they just switch mid-program like that.
Resembles something i’d expect from SCA, not 7.

1 Like

Same thing happened when they switched to the Olympics - change was mid program, so for anyone watching that show on 7Mate …

Didn’t they go to a break first though?

It’s very messy. Literally a switch being flicked, which shows that internally all capital city markets are being played out in HD (with local ads) and up until now, only three cities actually used their HD feeds.

4 Likes

How confusing for the average viewer, (who would likely have no idea that the content of the HD channel is changing from 7mate), to have the program just switch completely randomly.

Not to mention the people (albeit few) who might have scheduled recordings on their PVR for 7mate programming set to 70 (so as to record the HD version) only to find that 7mate is randomly not on 70 anymore.

A ridiculous system!

2 Likes

The same thing happened at what seemed to be the same time in Brisbane. The Gold Coast changed a few seconds later.

So all markets are in HD now except regional Qld ?

Perth is still 7mateHD, but not for long…

I don’t get it. Why won’t they leave like this from now on. The average viewer won’t know what the fuck is happening and what’s in HD and what not if they keep going back and forward.

2 Likes