Max (formerly HBO Max)

That’s a US deal for Big Bang? It appeared on Netflix not that long ago here.

Correct. Also, according to their Facebook page, Netflix Australia will add Season 11 of TBBT on 17th October.

1 Like

I can’t find anything online saying HBO Max would launch globally.

Read the first post of this thread - it’s speculation, and of course until they have a confirmed timeline HBO isn’t going to suddenly announce that they’ll be launching the service globally :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ellen is very overrated

1 Like

Localised versions will launch in Latin America and Europe in 2021. Australia is not mentioned in the article.

If Australia is eventually included in the rollout, then that makes most of Foxtel’s big shows in peril.

Can’t imagine HBO will commence a streaming service here until their content agreement with Foxtel expires. Assume it’ll be amended that Foxtel will only get linear rights in the future.

I wouldn’t be quick to presume that HBO will bring HBO Max to Australia once the Foxtel deal expires
considering WarnerMedia in the past 24 hours have announced they’ve extended their distribution agreements with Sky in Europe & Bell Media in Canada.

Considering plans for Asia wasn’t announced in yesterday’s HBO Max presentation, it wouldn’t suprise me if the Foxtel/HBO partnership is simply extended to encompass Max programming next time.

All 23 seasons of Parker and Stone’s animated satire will be available in June 2020 on HBO Max with three new seasons to follow.

https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.com/us/media-release/hbo-max/hbo-max-lands-exclusive-streaming-rights-south-park-south-park-digital-studios-joint