Have You Been Paying Attention?

What @Troiboi said, but I think it’s also because only news bulletins from non-right holders can use Olympic footage under the 3x3x3 or 6x9 rule (happy to be corrected on this).

2 Likes

Tom mentioned something about “limited use of photos”

Tom reminded us that for Rio his nephew Jake drew the Olympics for the show.

6 Likes

good line up!

1 Like

Replace Ed with Sam in that lineup and it would be a dream lineup.

8 Likes

I get the impression from a few people that if Ed was to be reduced or be alternated with someone else there wouldn’t be protests in the streets.

There’s a lot of love for Sam, Tom and many of the guest panelists, but I don’t think there’s as much for Ed.

2 Likes

I’d argue both Sam and Ed could easily be moved on as regular panellists and the show could just be 5 guests each weeks. I think Ed works well though in moving the show along though - with actual question/topic knowledge.

Tom in my opinion however is the MVP that holds the format together.

5 Likes

Personally I feel like all three of them are equally as important. Ed having most of the knowledge and makes this show 'a serious quiz’whilst also joking about half the time whilst Sam excessively does the piss taking (and it works really well), Tom trying to act serious but ends up adding a few running gags or catchphrases in there.

5 Likes

Sams lack of care factor gets same ole same fairly quickly now…almost like he really doesn’t want to be there…

1 Like

Same with Ed and his desire to appear in every ad. Very old gags now!

Don’t mind that, that’s just his schtick. Same with pissing around with Tom being an ‘old man’.

5 Likes

Actress and author Maddy Tyers is guest quizmaster this week. She also appeared on season 1 of Lego Masters Australia.

3 Likes

Maddy made the panel out of LEGGO

Next week

2 Likes

Let me guess, that’s Tommy G with the glasses?

2 Likes

I think so. I actually thought that was Glenn when it aired :rofl: (or maybe Uncle Arthur) but makes sense it’s Tom.

3 Likes

They really need to update the opener for Around The Grounds. Those news clips are very outdated.

2 Likes

1 Like

Five Bedrooms star Katie Robertson is guest quizmaster this week.

Olympic high jump silver medallist Nicola McDermott is the second guest quizmaster this week.

2 Likes

Great episode tonight.

Next week Tony is back along with Mel and Geraldine.