Have You Been Paying Attention?

I heard that as well, did it start a few weeks earlier this year?

It actually started two weeks later compared to the last few years. This season will only be 26 eps long compared to the usual 29/30.

1 Like

The 2018 season of HYBPA? began on 14 May and ran for 28 episodes.

I think it’s way too early to end this season given so much will happen between now and Christmas, especially the US Midterm elections and the Victorian state election.

2 Likes

This might be due to Sam Pang’s comedy tour I reckon.

Nah you just bring in a replacement.

I think they would want Sam there for the last episode of the year.
I know I would want him there.

Yeah but the last episode can have him. The rest of the eps don’t need him.

It might be the availability of all talent this time of year also the studio might be being used for something?

I’d say either the producers wanted to do shorter season or Ten wouldn’t pay more for a longer season.

4 Likes

My theory is Working Dog setting the limit, the show has already been running for what 8, 9 years? It can’t last forever so they settled on a drop to 26 eps, still covers half the year, a long season these days.

They should bring back Hughesy we have a problem instead of would I lie to you. HWAP was good fun did it just get axed for ratings or Hughesy wanting more money?

Its ratings were down towards the end of the fifth season.

A great episode tonight.

Marty, Anne, and Kitty join Sam and Ed next week for the 2022 finale.

3 Likes

The contestants were stitched up by Sarah Harris and Angela Bishop from Studio 10. A couple of them thought the question was pre-recorded, but instead it was a live cross from Sydney.

5 Likes

Becasue it is the season finale, next week will cover the whole year.

2 Likes

The dream team!

1 Like

From the news studio in Melbourne actually.

Sarah and Ange should’ve unleashed a savage burn and mentioned Ed’s 2Day FM breakfast radio ratings after he made that Centrelink joke.

2 Likes