Harrow

You had a hissy fit a while ago and vowed not to watch any longer. Now you say youre going to wstch to the end. You’re full of idle threats and contradictions.

That’s a big rich. Here’s an idea. You could just watch these shows without constantly spewing this hatred.

You certainly do love over dramatizing things don’t you. I never threw a hissy, just lamented at the poor writing and sub standard scripts in part. It’s frustrating at times when you see wasted potential, even in the land of fiction.

I never said I was going to watch to the end, I said I would watch the finale. I haven’t watched the show in weeks.

Pot kettle black.

Here’s an even better idea, how about you don’t raise your blood pressure and get your knickers in a twist over everything I post. You always moan and have digs about my unfiltered opinions. Why? Why does me expressing an opinion that differs from your own such a big deal? You always make things personal when I’m just giving an honest opinion about things. So what If I have a negative opinion, I obviously have different standards to you. Get over it. Either politely comment or ignore it because your volatile grumpy old man routine is tired.

You also only ever seem to see my negative comments (ALERT, Groundhog Day) and ignore anything positive I may post. I can’t help it if the vast majority on Australian tv channels is poor. I’d love to say something positive but I can’t lie or pretend I’m a shill.

Your positive comments are few and far between. I respond to your over the top negative comments because they are nasty and toxic. How does all that hatred improve your life?

No they’re not, just because you’re too lazy to look or it doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean what you’re saying is correct. I’m giving my honest opinion, an opinion which I don’t seek approval from you. If those posts offend your sensibilities that’s your problem.

It’s also very ironic, considering you hate my ‘nasty and toxic’ comments, yet you’re spewing those at me at a personal level. very hypocritical.

JBar how does worrying over and fretting about what I post improve your life.

Get a life and stop worrying about someone elses.

In future if you would like to scold or harrass me, do so over a personal message because it’s starting to become messy and detracting from the experience of posting about television.

It’s not personal. It’s about the comments you made about the show, the charactersand the actors.

Jbar when you call out someone’s posts and accuse them of being toxic, nasty and over the top and have a personal dig about how they live it’s personal. Get some accountability and stop ignoring it when you get called out on things or are shown to be incorrect.

If it was about the show then why didn’t you elaborate when you said I was full of contradictions? Or was it only about you reading it wrong and still thinking I was watching?

Anyway I’ll repeat it again if you have an issue talk to me in private. I’m not going to respond further unless it’s about the show.

You’re too much hard work.

British broadcaster UKTV has bought the rights to Harrow from Disney and will show it on crime drama channel Alibi.

An unexpected end to the series. Was expecting a twist but the twist was, there was no twist and others were willing to jeopardise their careers for Harrow. The cliffhanger certainly sets it up for another mystery for next season.

Queensland Government backing second season of acclaimed drama series Harrow

Acclaimed television drama Harrow is set to return to Australian TV screens in 2019, with Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announcing the Queensland Government’s support of the international series and the show’s Queensland producer, Hoodlum Entertainment.

While visiting Los Angeles as part of her US trade mission, the Premier today met with Hoodlum founder and chief executive Tracey Robertson, congratulating the Emmy and BAFTA-winning production company on the success of the show’s critically-lauded first season.

“Hoodlum was the first production company in Queensland to secure a prestigious first-look deal with ABC Studios International for Harrow and we are proud of their international achievements, showcasing our state’s talent, as well as the beautiful city of Brisbane,” the Premier said.

“My Government is delighted to once again partner with Disney-owned ABC Studios International and broadcaster ABC Australia on the second series, supporting Hoodlum via our Production Attraction Fund.

“Our investment in ten new episodes of Harrow will deliver further jobs, training and upskilling opportunities for Queenslanders, as well as broader economic benefits for the entire state.

“And serving as the backdrop for the show, Brisbane had an exceptional chemistry with Harrow star Ioan Gruffud during its first outing and the city will certainly welcome Ioan back with open arms when filming starts again in November.”

Harrow season two is expected to spend more than $17.3 million on Queensland jobs, goods and services and employ 273 crew, 75 cast and 800 extras across production, post-production and visual effects.

Disney Media Distribution is currently licensing international rights for Harrow with recent sales including to UKTV.

Hoodlum CEO Tracy Robertson said she was thrilled to create new episodes for Harrow’s ever-growing audience across the world.

“This has been made possible with the ongoing support of Screen Queensland, our broadcast partners ABCSI and ABC and our incredibly talented lead, Ioan Gruffudd,” Ms Robertson said.

“We look forward to showcasing even more of our home state of Queensland on screen in this second season.”

Managing Director, ABC Studios International Keli Lee said ABC Studios International was grateful for the support received from Screen Queensland and the government of Queensland.

“We have had a fantastic experience shooting in Brisbane and can’t wait to be back there for season two of Harrow,” Ms Lee said.

ABC’s Head of Drama, Comedy and Indigenous Sally Riley said audiences would eagerly welcome the return of Harrow, after the first season premiered on ABC1 in March.

“The beautiful city of Brisbane shone as the perfect backdrop for Harrow, and we look forward to working in this fabulous city again for season two,” Ms Riley said.

“This is another great example of the ABC investing in local content making and supporting the Australian film and television industry.”

The Premier said Harrow was one of several recent successes for Hoodlum Entertainment.

“Hoodlum is currently filming Tidelands in South East Queensland, which is also being supported by my Government and is the first fully funded drama series for Netflix to be produced in Australia,” Ms Palaszczuk said.

“Netflix has also chosen to film the new Chris Lilley 10-part television comedy series in Queensland and I look forward to meeting with Netflix during this trade mission, with a view to building on our partnership and discussing further production opportunities for our state.

“Securing productions with such international appeal is further proof my Government’s $50 million Production Attraction Strategy is hitting the mark and providing real economic benefits for Queensland.”

Harrow season two will air on ABC1 in Australia in 2019.

Harrow will makes its US debut on Hulu later today (Thursday night US time).

2019 Upfronts

Harrow, Series 2

The brilliant, unorthodox forensic pathologist Dr Daniel Harrow is back! Waking in hospital after his near-fatal shooting, he is determined to piece together the puzzle of who wanted him dead and why. Concerned friends and family urge Harrow to rest – but of course, Harrow cannot! Harrow dives straight back into work, solving new cases every episode with the help of an extraordinarily intelligent new colleague, while doggedly pursuing the truth behind his own brush with death. Complications build as Harrow follows leads and bends the rules, only to bump up against dangerous dead-ends in his hunt for his antagonist. Nothing is as it seems, and Harrow begins to doubt his usually infallible wits. But when his daughter comes under threat, Harrow needs to dig deep, relying on his famous forensic skills – and a little luck – to solve the mystery of who is out to get him – a mystery that will throw into jeopardy everything Harrow holds dear. Currently filming in Queensland, Harrow stars Ioan Gruffudd, Remy Hii, Anna Lise Phillips, Robyn Malcolm, Darren Gilshenan and Ella Newton. Season Two welcomes Jolene Anderson.

Harrow Season 2

From Sunday 12 May at 8:40pm

The brilliant, unorthodox forensic pathologist Dr Daniel Harrow is back! Waking in hospital after his near-fatal shooting, he is determined to piece together the puzzle of who wanted him dead and why.

Harrow stars Ioan Gruffudd, Remy Hii, Anna Lise Phillips, Robyn Malcolm, Darren Gilshenan and Ella Newton. Season Two welcomes Jolene Anderson.

Cool. I guess Mirrah Foulkes is not back.

Jolene Anderson is a brilliant addition to the cast. So great to have her back on television again. Great that her character is a new pathologist on the team and smart that she’s a niece of Dr Fairly.

Good to see them concentrating more on Harrow’s work and there seemed to be more humour which is really great.

1 Like

Came to say something similar.

Brilliant return. It’s going to be a great season.

1 Like

A shocking development for a main character. :open_mouth:

Indeed it was a big shock, tonight’s episode was one of the best of this season. And a very interesting end to tonight’s episode as well which raises more questions.

1 Like

It’s getting better and better.

Interesting seeing Faustina Agolley as a guest tonight. That’s Fuzzy from Video Hits and The Voice.