Happening Now

Happening Now

7NEWS.com.au launches Happening Now

Australian-first ‘made for mobile’ brekky show

Know what’s Happening Now, 7am AEDT weekdays via 7NEWS.com.au and 7NEWS social channels

7NEWS.com.au – Australia’s #1 online news service for under 40s – today announced an all-new, Australian-first ‘made for mobile’ vertical format digital breakfast program, Happening Now , launching 7am AEDT Monday.

Produced in 7NEWS.com.au’s custom-built digital studio at Channel 7’s studios in Martin Place, Happening Now will cover the biggest headlines of the day you need to know and must-watch video.

The snappy, convenient five-minute episodes will be available weekdays from 7am AEDT via your local 7NEWS Facebook and Instagram pages, the 7NEWS Australia YouTube channel and 7NEWS.com.au, purpose-produced in vertical format to be viewed on a smartphone device from anywhere – the train, bus, in your kitchen, on the treadmill or from bed.

The launch of Happening Now follows the success of 7NEWS.com.au’s The Latest on Facebook Watch, Australia’s #1 – and one of the world’s most-watched – digital news show having amassed a staggering 400 million views and counting.

7NEWS.com.au Executive Producer Phil Goyen said: “We’re incredibly grateful to our global community for making The Latest on Facebook Watch so successful, it’s now time to add to the family.

Happening Now is the first of its kind in Australia, a ‘made for mobile’ vertical video breakfast show, the cool new format will come to wherever you are.”

4 Likes

That “Now” logo annoys me so much but I can’t explain why…

6 Likes

This won’t last 6 months.

6 Likes

I don’t how it’s a “brekky show”, it’s just news for 5 minutes?

1 Like

I wonder if it will be as consistant as The Latest…once or twice a week every few months…and loaded with “viral” videos. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

The ‘O’ in NOW isn’t centred with the circle, making it look all askew. :pensive:

thanks, i hate it

1 Like

Familiar colour scheme

image image

13 Likes

Nearly 8am before it popped up today :grimacing:

1 Like

Why would you drive audiences away from your already-established breakfast program? If there’s a niche in the digital market, you’d surely capitalise by using the Sunrise branding?

4 Likes

I imagine they’re very protective of the Sunrise brand. And I very much doubt its driving any audience away from the TV.

Oh, I agree and I think this will diminish like the Facebook Watch bulletin. But what’s the point then? If the digital team is available, why not work with the Sunrise team to enhance their online delivery? It might even bring more of the younger demos into Sunrise.

2 Likes

First bulletin of “Happening Now” on Facebook

1 Like

To me the video was super useless no new information or anything.

2 Likes

Posted well after 7am today as well.

1 Like

This didn’t last. Flop!!

Well, called it!

4 Likes