Ident:

Movie Opener:

Classification Warning:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

6 Likes

1992 Ident.

GWN%201992

Promo Endtag 1995 just after they changed their logo.

2 Likes

I really liked this promo ender. It was refreshing after the one they used in the previous package. A shame they went back to that style soon after.

Voiced by Leo Zaza who was doing STW-9’s continuity at the time.

1 Like

Just noticed a bunch of mid-90s NBL videos have been uploaded on YouTube in the last few days. Lots of GWN gold!

2 Likes

Is there a link please?

Judging by the commercials, the footage was taken from the SouthWest. GWN used to have five commercial feeds.

SSW - SouthWest
VEW - Goldfields
GTW- MidWest
GSW - Albany (Breakaway from SSW)
WAW - Remote

1 Like

Yep only seen Albany commercials so far.

1 Like

Posting this here since this topic includes 1995, but feel free to move or split if it belongs elsewhere.

I think this was possibly the original (or an early version at least) of GWN’s “We’re bringing it home to you” idents:

Incorrect AR aside I love this. This was my favourite era for GWN and there aren’t too many videos from this time period so I’m grateful to whoever is running that channel on YouTube.

This is the first time I have ever heard the vocals to this as well. I always loved the tune growing up but have never heard it with vocals until now.

4 Likes

GWN relaunched in Feb 1995. I remember seeing a TV guide with the old logo up until the end of January and the new logo in the first week of February. Also I can remember seeing the old ID in January 95.

3 Likes

This is definitely the ident they launched with. From memory there were others that came later without vocals. I distinctively remember one with mostly scenic shots of WA with similar music and that percussion piece at the very beginning of the above video being played throughout. Haven’t seen that one since it aired either!

He’s got some real gold that’s for sure. Watching this ident was so satisfying. I’ve had “Movies, sport, the weather and news, we’ve got the better view” stuck in my head for nearly 30 years.

I also didn’t realise how professional this ident really was. The length they went to to stick to the design language and tie it all in with the entire package, was of a level that I would safely say wasn’t seen on an independent regional before this. Others have had great relaunches, but they’ve always had an element of corny, tacky, stereotypically regional cheapness to it. This just cut above all that.

3 Likes