Great songs heard on radio

And as the theme tune for “Seven’s Big League” rugby league replays in Sydney on Sunday nights with the late Rex " The Moose" Mossop.

1 Like

Goodbye Blue Sky/Empty Spaces/Young Lust - Pink Floyd

Straight off vinyl at 5am this morning on Triple M Brisbane. Imagine my shock hearing those jems as the alarm clock went off!

1 Like

Bloc Party and The Superjesus (Stick Together) back to back on B-Rock just now.

1 Like

From over here in Chicago, on 94.7 WLS’s 80s weekend:

Physical - Olivia Newton-John

Gets a mention partly because she’s an Aussie being played on a US station…

Now Playing: Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money

The opposite to ONJ’s - a song you’re more likely to hear over here than back home.

2 Likes

I prefer 100.3 WSHE (Adult Contemporary Females) and KHITS 104.3 is a better classic hits station than WLS IMO.

1 Like

K Hits isn’t a bad listen either.

Will also give WSHE a bit more of a go then.

1 Like

Del Amitri - Last To Know. Just now on The Rok Parkes as part of the 2 @ 2 double shots. Other track was unsurprisingly Kiss This Thing Goodbye

Today on River 94.9:
Frankie Goes to Hollywood,“Relax”,1984 yes I remember the T-Shirts,ie,"Frankie says Relax Dont Do It":blush:
Sky hooks,“You Just Like Me Cause I’m Good in Bed”,1974
Icehouse,“No Promises” 1985,don’t hear that one very often :+1:

1 Like

Taking a job on the Gold Coast has a few perks - you get a lot more time with the radio on for one. These four tracks all played during my commute home tonight:

Derek and the Dominoes - Little Wing
Weezer - Say It Ain’t So
Eddie Money - Shakin
The Who - Baba O’Riley

The last two may have been Alice Cooper-influenced, but still some interesting tracks (made me forgive the Fall Out Boy in amongst them). No prizes for guessing which station they all featured on

Lenny Kravitz,“Believe”,1993,River 94.9 today,he had some great hits in the late 80s/ mid-90s

1 Like

sounds like 4KQ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think Rebel

Some relatively unflogged eighties hits for y’all:

Street Cafe - ICEHOUSE (1983) on the Rebel
Middle of the Road - PRETENDERS (1984) on 104.5 Triple M
West End Girls - PET SHOP BOYS (1984) on 104.5 Triple M [Cold 30 countdown]
Beat’s So Lonely - CHARLIE SEXTON (1985) on 104.5 Triple M
Whole of the Moon - WATERBOYS (1985) on the Rebel
You I Know - JENNY MORRIS (1987) on River 949

1 Like

Yeah some good tracks there, particularly love the Icehouse number (one of their lesser-played songs) and the Waterboys tune which is excellent. I actually caught Whole of the Moon on River a little while ago, nice to hear it go around.

That Pet Shop Boys number always seems to find its way into my head whenever I venture south of the river in this fair city too. Good song

I heard that track,“Whole of the Moon” on River one day last week,great song👍

Gold FM are pulling out the 80s today - here’s the last three songs played:

James Reyne - Fall of Rome
Heart - Alone
Icehouse - Crazy

As usual with any solo hit from James Reyne you can’t understand the lyrics,I did like most of his solo hits though

1 Like

Digital radio should have been a big advantage for artists like James Reyne, with sub titles to appear in the scrolling text.

3 Likes

867-5309 / Jenny - TOMMY TUTONE (1981) on 104.5 Triple M [Cold 30 countdown]
Juke Box Hero - FOREIGNER (1982) on 104.5 Triple M
Stay - OINGO BOINGO (1986) on Hot 91.1

Crazy also heard on Rebel FM Sunday night.