Gold Coast - Survey 1, 2023

2 Likes

Hot Tomato remains on top with 16%, up 0.3 from the previous survey. Triple M went up to 2nd with 11.7% (+2.7), whilst Sea FM was 3rd with 11% (+0.4), and JJJ was 4th with 9.5% (+1.5). Interestingly, SENQ, which made its Gold Coast survey debut, scored its highest share for either Brisbane or Gold Coast survey with a 1.0% share. By comparison, its highest share in the Brisbane survey was 0.8%.

In the demos, Sea was #1 in the 10-17s & 25-39s, JJJ was #1 in the 18-24s, Hot Tomato #1 in the 40-54s and Triple M #1 in the 55+. In breakfast, Hot Tomato’s Galey & Emily Jade was #1 with 16.7% (+2.5), followed by Triple M’s Flan, Ali & Spida with 13% (+2.9), and Sea’s Bianca, Ben & Lakey with 11.2% (-0.9). In drive, Hot Tomato’s Moyra & Big Trev was #1 with 17.9% (+1.5), followed by Carrie & Tommy on Sea with 14.5% (+1.9), and Triple M’s The Rush Hour on 10.4% (+1.1).

The “Other Stations” ratings this survey is 32%, down 2.2% from the previous survey.

4 Likes

I wonder if listeners were getting 693SENQ confused with SEN Gold Coast?

2 Likes

Just looking at the demos, it’s interesting to see SENQ getting a 3.6% share in the 25-39s, outrating the Brisbane FM stations!! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I don’t mean to be disparaging to SEN, but that figure seems a real anomaly given the low share in the home market of Brisbane.

92.5 (sorry but I still can’t call it Triple M) has clearly made up a lot of ground since the previous survey, I wonder what (if anything) they’ve been doing differently. But nothing will touch the Hot Tomato juggernaut down there.

And forgive this broken record here, but even with the slight drop, basically one in three radio listeners isn’t getting what they want from the local (or even Brisbane) commercial and national stations. What I would give to be able to see an unfiltered version of the raw numbers from these surveys…

2 Likes

On TV

2 Likes