Gogglebox Australia

Sadly, the colour of their skin.

1 Like

Racist much?

^ I don’t think that comment was meant that way. More a reflection of the producers casting them for that reason. Diversity and such.

I heard the Kidd family weren’t back this year. Who are they? Coz I think I’ve seen all of the families in the promo.

1 Like

I understand that the producers want to go for “cultural diversity” and they’re probably lovely people off camera and in real life, but IMO the Delpechitra’s just didn’t make for good TV (which of course is what we want from Gogglebox!) even in Season 2 when most of the other weaker families had improved from Season 1.

The Kidd family were the older “hippy” family - press release for Season 3 said that they’ve “decided to watch less TV this year” and not return to Gogglebox in 2016.

Two new groups are replacing them - The Silbery Family and housemates Zina & Vivian.

2 Likes

Ahh I thought it was them. Thanks.

I wonder if You’re Back in the Room will feature on Gogglebox this week - I hope so. One of the dating/social experiement shows will probably be on.

2 Likes

This is a little disappointing so far. Dirty Grandma looks promising, though.

Thought it was a great first episode. The Silbery’s are great. That Nanna is hilarious :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Tonight’s first episode seemed a little slow to start off with, although I’m sure the program will really sizzle by Week 3.

Without spoiling things for viewers on Ten, I will say that I wasn’t surprised to see a certain ratings megaflop grilled (and not entirely undeservingly so, I might add) by the Goggleboxers during this week’s premiere episode! :wink:

The Silbery’s are an excellent addition. Nana had a few cracker lines. Three seasons in and the Delpechitas are still terribly beige.
It will be interesting to see if Channel Ten edit the show at all. There were f bombs being dropped left, right and centre.

How much swearing/F-bombs can you legally have during an M rated program on free to air TV? Would Ten be able to get away with leaving it alone with a “Frequent Course Language” warning before the start of the show?

It can be rated MA now if ten want anyway…

1 Like

With the new classification laws I think they can now get away with just about anything.

1 Like

Well they still need to classify it correctly. If they say it is M it needs to meet those standards even if it is in an MA time slot.

Nothing like stating the obvious.

1 Like

They should just stick on an MA15+rating. Problem solved :slight_smile:

Did it air in HD?

Loved the little dig at Reno Rumble by the voiceover lady “Some of us watched…”

1 Like

Not sure, but they used Nine HD footage for You’re Back in the Room but Ten SD for All Star Family Feud and Nine SD for Reno Rumble, so that’s not a good sign.

Why wouldn’t they record Reno Rumble from Nine HD?

1 Like

They must have got them to watch these shows just for the promo’s as neither were featured in the first episode (and neither of them have aired the past couple of weeks either).

I enjoyed the first episode. I don’t think the two Asian girl’s really added anything to the show but I liked the new family with the grandma. I still feel uncomfortable with the Delpechitra family how the kids are always sitting on the floor. That can’t be comfortable. Surely the show can by them another couch if they need it.