Gogglebox Australia

No doubt we’ll have close up shots of her skin care around the house

Urgh.

2 Likes
4 Likes

They’ve got some big names there but I think some of them are not going to be that interesting to watch.

2 Likes

Celebrity Gogglebox Australia Makes Room On The Couch.

The Irwin Family Amongst Many More A-List Celebrities To Join The Cast.

Announced today the A-List celebrities from Australian wildlife warriors, leading comedians and television stars, who are all set to take their positions on their lounges, to become the first celebrity couch commentators for the highly anticipated premiere special episode of Celebrity Gogglebox Australia.

Australia’s favourite family and Wildlife Warriors The Irwin’s - Terri, Bindi & Robert will gather together on their couch to get acquainted with the latest our television screens have to offer. Terri, a passionate wildlife spokesperson and conservation icon dedicates her life fulfilling her late husband Steve Irwin’s legacy. Bindi and Robert have both inherited their parent’s love for wildlife and are determined to have a positive impact on the planet, continuing to educate through their television series including Crickey! It’s The Irwins . Bindi recently became a mum to daughter Grace, while Robert continues to educate thousands of guests in Australia Zoo’s daily Wildlife Warrior’s Show.

Dave Hughes & Holly Ife - One of Australia’s favourite comedians, Hughesy’s trademark Australian drawl and larrikin style has brought him success across the comedy stage, television, and radio. From a judge on The Masked Singer Australia to solving everyday Aussie’s problems on Hughesy, We Have a Problem , Dave also forms part of the Hughesy, Ed & Erin breakfast crew on Sydney’s 2DayFM . Joining Hughesy is wife Holly, a teacher. Parents to three children, the pair have co-written several children’s books including Excuse Me and How (Not) To Annoy Dad.

Julia Morris & Nazeem Hussain - Having just returned from the jungle, Julia looks forward to putting her feet up alongside good friend Nazeem Hussain. As one of Australia’s most accomplished and celebrated performers, Julia is well known for co-hosting I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! and for winning the first season of Celebrity Apprentice . While Nazeem, known for his first love of stand-up comedy, has also become a much-loved television and radio personality as creator and star of his TV shows, Legally Brown and Orange Is The New Brown and a regular on The Project .

Matt Preston & Lachy Hulme - TV Personality, award winning food journalist and cookbook author, well known for his television role as a MasterChef Australia judge and author of 8 best-selling cookbooks including his latest, World of Flavour. Matt writes a weekly national food column in NewsCorp’s Stellar Magazine, is senior editor of delicious and Taste magazines and now adds radio broadcaster to his resumé, hosting his own show on ABC Radio Melbourne. Matt is joined on the couch by his best mate friend, the Logie and AACTA Award winning Lachy Hulme, best known for his roles as Murph in The Hollowmen , Kerry Packer in Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War , and Dr Martin Clegg in Offspring. Lachy has also appeared in movie and theatre productions over the past 30 years and well known as the voice of Fox Footy . Lachy agreed to appear on Celebrity Gogglebox Australia only because Matt promised to cook him dinner during the show!

Alex Perry, Joh Bailey & Cheyenne Tozzi - One of Australia’s leading fashion designers and commentators, Alex Perry is recognised for his long-term tenure as judge on Australia’s Next Top Model. Alex has more recently recreated the glamour of the world’s great hotels, focusing his design ingenuity on a hotel complex, Alex Perry Hotel & Apartments. Collaborator and friend Joh Bailey is regarded as one of Australia and the world’s most in-demand hairstylists, whose signature hair has been seen on the likes of the late Diana Princess of Wales, Elle Macpherson, Kylie Minogue, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Joining them is Cheyenne Tozzi, one of Australia’s most popular models and media personalities, having graced the covers of Vogue and GQ, and appearing with Naomi Campbell on The Face Australia and with Alex Perry on Australia’s Next Top Model as a mentor.

Celia Pacquola & Luke McGregor - Best friends, comedians, writers, and actors, Celia and Luke are renowned as the co-creators and stars of the smash hit ABC comedy Rosehaven , and their previous work together on Utopia . Celia has also appeared in acclaimed dramas The Beautiful Lie, Offspring , Love Me, and made her feature film debut in The Breaker Upperers produced by Taika Waititi.

Already announced, one of Australia’s most-loved couples Hamish Blake & Zoë Foster Blake round off the list of celebrities taking to their couches for the first ever episode of Celebrity Gogglebox Australia.

2 Likes

That Foxtel / Lifestyle voiceover woman sounds very much like Annie Maynard.

I’ve never heard of half these people. In what universe is Dave Hughes A-List? lol

2 Likes

Looks like a pretty well known cast. Can’t imagine many who wouldn’t have heard of 75% of them if not all.

6 Likes

Yes indeed no line-up is A-list unless if it involves Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie Simpson.

What kind of rock have you been living under to not know these people?

4 Likes

So some of them live together but most don’t. Will it be filmed at a certain persons house or a studio set up/ rent a house?

Probably similar to the regular season where people that don’t live together are filmed at one person’s house. That’s what happens in the UK celebrity version as well.

2 Likes

If they’re good friends who have chemistry and can banter then that’s great. But if they’re just matched up for this show then it sill be a fail.

Are Nazeem and Julia friends? I feel like that’s just a couple of comedians thrown together?

Yep they are. They regularly did lockdown lives during Melbourne’s big lockdowns. (also featuring Urzila)

Couple of the other matches, im not so sure about.

Oh noticeable absent is Tim and Anthony. Prob asked for too much money.

Would have loved someone older in the mix as well (I would have asked Denise Scott and her partner John), but otherwise it’s an awesome cast.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the likes of Nicole Kidman or Hugh Jackman.

Neither of which have their primary residence in Australia. No chance of A-listers like that ever appearing on such a show.

4 Likes

I would say Dave Hughes is an A list Australian celebrity. It is a pretty good lineup.

3 Likes

The UK version was reasonably successful in getting some local “A-Listers” involved subsequent to their first celebrity edition.