Gogglebox Australia

The US one was very differently produced though. I think an Australia version would do ok, with Australian personalities and the same narrator as the local Gogglebox.

1 Like

They should just mix them in with the regulars but there’s probably all these different contracts and what they can and cant watch.

Celebrity Gogglebox UK is really good. If they get a good cast don’t see why they can’t replicate that here.

The US celebrity show flopped because it was boring and there was zero chemistry with the “celebrities” they had. If they can get casting right with an Australian version, and the sharp narration that the Australian series does very well, then there is hope for it.

2 Likes

Agree. The narration and actually creating a narrative is what the Australian series does so well.

1 Like

Gogglebox will return to LifeStyle and 10 in February 2021. No formal announcement on the celebrity version though.

3 Likes

GOGGLEBOX AUSTRALIA RETURNS

Wednesdays at 7.30pm from February 17 on FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Channel

Thursday at 8.30pm February 18 on 10

The four-time TV WEEK Logie and AACTA award winning show Gogglebox Australia returns to our screens first on FOXTEL’s LifeStyle Channel on Wednesdays at 7.30pm from February 17 and the following day, Thursdays at 8.30pm on 10.

The 13th series sees Australia’s favourite households back on the couch and ready to sink their teeth into their favourite TV snacks and the best of 2021’s newest television programs.

Since we last saw our Goggleboxers, the show won an AACTA Award for ‘Best Factual Entertainment Program’. Viewers will also see the return of our beloved Emmie back on the couch with her daughter Kerry and granddaughter Isabelle, seeing all the three generations of The Silbery women together again. The Silbery’s will settle on a new couch with Isabelle’s move to her new home, as well as another move to a new home for best friends Kaday and Chantel.

Also returning happily married couple and grandparents Lee and Keith , Greek best friends Anastasia and Faye , close-knit but fight-over-the-remote family The Daltons and fun loving, cricket mad Delpechitra family who are all ready to get acquainted with the latest our television screens have to offer.

Ready to return to their lounges with their dry and delightfully honest opinions are Dealers of Indigenous Art Mick and Di ; parents Matty and Sarah Marie with bub Malik and “uncle” Jad ; brother and sister foodies Tim and Leanne ; flatmates, surfing mates and best mates Milo and Nic and the Sydney clan of five, the Elias family .

Group General Manager of LifeStyle Wendy Moore said, “The success of the past twelve seasons of Gogglebox comes down to the simple fact that we are all craving an authentic connection with people we can relate to. Our Gogglebox families are such a great reflection of all of us and watching them share our own experiences has become part of our collective survival kit in the past twelve months!”

Gogglebox Australia is an Endemol Shine Australia production for FOXTEL and Network 10.

https://twitter.com/GoggleboxAU/status/1351665746921873411?s=20

3 Likes
1 Like

Goggle Goggle, Toil And Trouble!

All New Gogglebox Australia Returns To 10 Thursday, 18 February At 8.30pm.

It’s lucky season 13, as the country’s most opinionated and avid television viewers comment freely on all the best, worst, good, bad and ugly that Aussie television has to offer.

Thursday, 18 February at 8.30pm on 10, we’re reunited with all your favourites. While there’s a couple of new couches and loungerooms making their debut, the tried and tested television commentary remains.

As previously announced, 91-year-old Emmie Silbery makes a triumphant (and COVID-safe) return to the show along with daughter Kerry and granddaughter Isabelle, taking in the latest small screen offerings from Isabelle’s new home. Sydney best friends Kaday and Chantel, have also had a change of scenery, but wild horses couldn’t keep them from offering their television two cents.

Where’s everyone else you ask? Never fear, the gang’s all here; Gold Coast surfing mates Milo and Nic, the Elias family, Anastasia and Faye, the Daltons, new parents Matty and Sarah Marie (alongside Jad of course), brother and sister Tim and Leanne, the Sri Lankan born/Western Sydney based Delpechitras and who can forget the unofficial patriarchs of the Gogglebox Australia family, Mick and Di.

2 Likes

patriarch is a male term, no?

3 Likes

What are they saying about Di? :joy:

So there’s new Goggleboxers?

1 Like

Let me guess, they’ll be announced in the News Corp press this weekend?

2 Likes

Which shows do we think will be discussed on the season premiere this week? Here are my picks:
Daniel Andrews press conference announcing Melbourne would return to COVID-19 lockdown
Married at First Sight reunion (Nine)
Holey Moley (Seven)
The Amazing Race Australia (10)
Hughesy We Have a Problem (10)
The End (Foxtel)
Quoll Farm (ABC)

1 Like

I think it’s almost certain that “Melbourne returning to lockdown news” will be reviewed on this week’s episode of Gogglebox.

The big question: Will broadcast rights allow Gogglebox to review any of the Australian Open tennis? It’s to my understanding that this is the first time the AO and “Gogglebox season” have fallen at the same time (previously the tennis has finished weeks before Australia’s most famous TV viewers returned to their couches for another year) and one would imagine that the producers would like to get some form of tennis review in, especially if players like Ash Barty do well.

A few weeks too late now, I think.

Yes, I’d expect these three programs to be reviewed within the first two episodes.

1 Like

Gogglebox has returned for Season 13, caught it on Foxtel tonight.

This week they cover:

• Holey Moley
  • Brigerton
  • The Amazing Race
  • Fake Famous
  • Field Trip with Curtis Stone
4 Likes

Was there any new households?

Considering that none have been announced in the media prior to tonight, I would guess no.

No just a couple of new houses for exisiting households.

1 Like

they must be doing well for themselves